Droidplanner connection problems

I need help; if I connect my 3DR via laptop, everything works well. Yesterday I was buying a tablet (Samsung GALAXY Tab3 7".
If I connect the radio to the tablet there on the transmitting radio (on usb from tablet) no led in live and the doidplanner says no connected.
Has somwhere an idea whats happend?

Does the Tab3 still have that proprietary connector? Or have they switched to micro USB?

When connection no leds light up?

I have had that problem and noticed you must plug in the radio to the OTG / USB cable while the tablet is awake. It will usually then ask you if you want to use that device for DP. Until then it doesn’t use it.

[quote=“arthur”]Does the Tab3 still have that proprietary connector? Or have they switched to micro USB?

When connection no leds light up?[/quote]

it has the micro usb and no lights on the radio goes on
( sorry for my bad english!)

Thanks, but was is OTG/USB cable and device for DP; I am not really famil. with the english languague.
Regards
Helmut

If the leds don’t light up than you probably have a defective USB/OTG cable.

I dont think the cable is defect; if I use another (cheap) tablet, the LEd on the radio works but no talking between the radios and the tablet.

Last time i cancel my purchase for Galaxy TAB 3 because of the problem. i bought TAB2 and success

Thanks, but was is OTG/USB cable and device for DP; I am not really famil. with the english languague.
Regards
Helmut[/quote]
I will try and clarify. Turn on the tablet so the screen is on. THEN plug the telemetry radio to you tablet. A pop up window will ask you if you want the tablet to use this usb device for Droid Planner. Select yes. That’s how it worked with my tablet. Good luck.

Hello All,
Just a heads up on the new Samsung Galaxy Tab 3’s. The 7" tablet doesn’t fully support (or maybe at all) the USB port. Even with the OTG (on the go) usb adapter adapter you have no chance of it working. The 8" and the 10" Tab3’s should work as we all expect. The older 7" (before Tab3) should work as well. It has more to do with the hardware on the new 7" Tab3 than anything else. It’s something about not having a USB Host controller built into the tablet like most of the other tablets do. Now if you are stuck with the new 7 TAB3 here is a nice solution to the problem. Not sure if I’m allowed hyperlinks in the messages here but her goes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6KbarVk_E98
in clear text in case the hyperlink fails
youtube.com/watch?v=6KbarVk_E98

Its a one of Dennis Baldwin’s videos (maybe 1 of 3) showing the use of Bluetooth to the Tab3 from the 3DR ground telemetry radio. Its a Brilliant Solution I think. All his YouTube Videos are so well done. Lots on our multirotor topics.
I Hope this helps the next guy from pulling anymore hair out trying to get these Telemetry Radios working. (especially the off branded units). I myself have other issues with the lack of communication with the APM 2.5. My Nexus 7 works like a champ with the OTG cable adapter.

Mark Out

Not sure if it applies to all tablets but I had one that wasn’t in USB ‘host’ mode. Found a free app that instantly put it into usb host mode and it then worked fine.

I meet the same problem, I connect the Xtend to my HTC butterfly and HTC one with a OTG cable, the LED of Xtend doesn’t light up, but my MP will ask me ‘confirm the connection’ while I plug OTG into it. maybe the MP’s power is too low because Xtend needs 5V/600mA.

@Roy: 600mA is too much for a phone USB port. It’s even too much for a computer usb port.

Many many thanks, I have to use a outside power. btw, the mission planner can work if i plug the xtend into My computer USB.

Got success with a outside power!