Droidplanner 2.0 Survey

So I just started experimenting with using the survey tool in droidplanner 2. I created a mission at my local AMA field using droidplanner 2.0 by creating a polygon under edit, setting my camera type, side lap, forward lap, etc. and uploaded that mission to my Hex. The Hex executed the mission however when I landed, the camera was not triggered during the mission. I uploaded the mission into Mission Planner on my laptop and noticed its only the way points of the turns. My first presumption is that I set something up wrong but unfortunately I am unable to find an answer at the moment. I was hoping someone could help me understand what I am setting up wrong. I’ve included a copy of the mission created by DroidPlanner 2.0.
I had to chance the extension of the waypoint file to tlog to get it to upload. Apparently .txt files are not allowed. perhaps there should be a request to change that on the forum so waypoint files can be uploaded.
thanks in advance for your help!

I’m having the exact same issue - albeit with Arduplane. Not sure what the solution is here??

Chris B.

I know my camera will trigger, I’ve set up missions on my laptop using Mission planner and it works fine. In DroidPlanner there is only that one waypoint. Is there a way I can change the view to see the actual individual waypoints and then insert a time based trigger release?

Anybody have any thoughts on this?

cstallings,

How are you triggering your camera? I am using the RELAY type to trigger my ELPH 115 using a CHDK script, and from my reading that is where the issue lies, so I have ordered some polulu rc switches to use it on an RC output from the APM - then I can assign the shutter to an RC channel and use the SERVO shutter trigger type. Will let you know if this works.

Chris B.

Chris,

I’m actually using a servo to trigger my camera, a Sony NEX-3C. I’m powering the servo with an external BEC and using the signal wire from my pixhawk. It definitely works correctly. I’ve done plenty of successfull missions with Mission Planner. I suspect the issue is with Droidplanner itself because the waypoint file that was uploaded to Pixhawk only had waypoints and didn’t have any other function commands.

Ok,

Just been playing around a little bit, I actually tend to use the original Droidplanner vs Droidplanner 2 as it seems to run a little bit more stable on my HP Slate, and also seems to suit arduplane a little bit better. I noticed when I was drawing the survey polygon there is actually a little check box to enable inner waypoints. I haven’t been able to flight test it yet, but I suspect this may be a big part of it. However, when I went over to DP2, there was no checkbox???

Chris B.

Same issue. DroidPlanner will not make cam trigger “waypoints”. This work fine when planning survey from Mission Planner. So with Droid Planner, I now have to use camera timelapse when doing survey, but this isnt optimal…

Thanks mskogmo,

So is it safe to say this is a current bug? how do we go about reporting it so that it can be added to the list of future changes?

Thanks

[quote=“cstallings”]Thanks mskogmo,

So is it safe to say this is a current bug? how do we go about reporting it so that it can be added to the list of future changes?

Thanks[/quote]

I dont really know. I tought this was the support forum, but maybe not for AndroPilot. Im quite new at this forum. For now, Im planning to use laptop and Mission Planner, but I will post here if I manage to use DroidPlanner for stills shutter in survey in the future. Hope you all do the same…

[quote=“cstallings”]Chris,

I’m actually using a servo to trigger my camera, a Sony NEX-3C. I’m powering the servo with an external BEC and using the signal wire from my pixhawk. It definitely works correctly. I’ve done plenty of successfull missions with Mission Planner. I suspect the issue is with Droidplanner itself because the waypoint file that was uploaded to Pixhawk only had waypoints and didn’t have any other function commands.[/quote]

Hi Cstallings,

I am struggling to set up the same configuration you have, with a Sony Alpha 5000. Can you detail your config here or in PM ?

Thanks,

Pascal

Try here
github.com/DroidPlanner/droidpl … ssues/1243