Driver Problems

I already posted about a problem with 3DR drivers New telemetry set, no comm., and even have it marked as solved.

On that occasion, erasing Mission Planner and reloading it, at least got the new radio working, but I was still limitied to having the system recognize all three of my radios.

It seemed I had a problem with being able to load more than two drivers. The computer I was using has like 30 different Com ports.

So figuring that my drivers were disorganized (the computer had 3 yrs. now and had worked on many different communications projects), I decided to buy a brand spanking new computer, JUST for Mission planner.

I have an HP Pavilion with an Intel Core i5 3230M 2.6GHz processor (64 bit) with Win 8 Pro.

I loaded Mission PLanner (with the MSI link) which loaded all the necessary drivers. I plugged in my 3DR X8, and the appropriate PX4 driver loaded on Com4. It connected to Mavlink right away. Previously with my other computer I had to wait up to a minute before the MAVLink interchange would start.

Great, I’m happy. Haven’t tried to load firmware yet, but suspect it should go well. Previously it had been a pain in the butt to load firmware. It NEVER made it to the end. I always had to manually select PX4 Bootloader on a second attempt for it to complete loading.

So now I try to connect a 3DR radio. ZERO, practically. I get:

[attachment=0]drvr.jpg[/attachment]

I haven’t tried reloading MP, it’s a new machine and a fresh first load (through the MSI)

I went to the FTDI drivers page and loaded anything that looked like it would fix the problem. I have a 64 bit machine, so thought it might be that. I loaded drivers for Win 8.1 64 bit.

They didn’t work, said something about me having a version different than expected. There are no other options.

I even tried compatibility mode… (with an exe driver loader)

I have had nothing but problems with the drivers for Mission Planner. I even tried APMPlanner 2.0 .

I CAN connect with USB on MP and AP. If I have to I can connect to the radios on my other computer, but I am limited to just two.

It HAS to be easier than this. WHAT is going on???

It’s a nice computer, but it didn’t solve my problem! Sigh!

I’m a morning person!

Got up early, had a coffee, and realized that my computer is Win 8, not Win 8.1

I’m fine now! ;D

Though, the Mission Planner install didn’t install the right drivers either. The drivers for my USB ports were fine… it was the modem drivers that needed reloading.

So yeah, I’ve got a shiney new computer, and ALL the drivers work great!

HI MY FRIENDS

I HAVE A PROBLEM WITH 3DR DRIVER
MY 3DR RADIO DRIVE NOT OPEN IN THE MY PC WITH WINDOW 7 ULTIM AND WINDOWS 7 XP AND MAC 10.9 !!
WHY ?
PLEAS HELP ME WHAT DO I DO ?