Drift Mode

Hi there everyone, not sure what I am doing wrong however I have updated to the new 3.1 firmware on my APM 2.6 and would like to try Drift Mode. that being said there is no drift mode in the flight mode drop down list. Any suggestions on how to enable Drift Mode would be greatly appreciated.

Have you update the Planner? :slight_smile:

How is drift mode working?

The drift wiki page is here in case it helps:

Thank you!

■You “fly” the MultiCopter with the right stick (on Mode 2 controllers) controls Pitch and Yaw.
My controller is Mode 1 (right stick is roll and pitch)
What would be a good reason to fly Drift mode, supposing I am not a beginner.

[quote=“criro1999”]■You “fly” the MultiCopter with the right stick (on Mode 2 controllers) controls Pitch and Yaw.
My controller is Mode 1 (right stick is roll and pitch)
What would be a good reason to fly Drift mode, supposing I am not a beginner.[/quote]
Because you like it :slight_smile:. Or because it’s easier to fly in drift mode, so you can concentrate also on e.g. taking video at the same time.

Mode 1 controllers have throttle on the right side, so they don’t work with this new mode.
GPS is also required. Loosing GPS will exit the mode into stabilize.
Jason

Thank you so much Marco! :smiley:

The wiki says: “The user has direct control of Yaw and Pitch, but Roll is controlled by the autopilot. This allows the copter to be controlled very intuitively with a single control stick if using a Mode 2 transmitter”

I dont understand, if mode 2 have throttle and yaw at the left stick, how can drift mode use only the right stick?

[quote=“korolkovas”]The wiki says: “The user has direct control of Yaw and Pitch, but Roll is controlled by the autopilot. This allows the copter to be controlled very intuitively with a single control stick if using a Mode 2 transmitter”

I dont understand, if mode 2 have throttle and yaw at the left stick, how can drift mode use only the right stick?[/quote]
That means directional control, not throttle control.

[quote=“StefanG”][quote=“korolkovas”]The wiki says: “The user has direct control of Yaw and Pitch, but Roll is controlled by the autopilot. This allows the copter to be controlled very intuitively with a single control stick if using a Mode 2 transmitter”

I dont understand, if mode 2 have throttle and yaw at the left stick, how can drift mode use only the right stick?[/quote]
That means directional control, not throttle control.[/quote]

I still don’t understand (notice: I’m only a beginner). But my copter is configured with throttle and yaw on the left stick, and pitch and roll on the right stick. Is this ok? Because if it is correct, I need to use 2 sticks in drift mode.

The wiki explains that the user has direct control of Yaw and Pitch, but also that the copter can be controlled very intuitively with a single control stick if using a Mode 2 transmitter.

I’m confused.

That refers to the fact that steering a multicopter in fast forward flight requires control of roll AND yaw to do coordinated turns. In drift mode, the software is controlling yaw for you, based on forward speed and roll.

Sent from my Ainol Novo 7 Fire using Tapatalk

[quote=“StefanG”]That refers to the fact that steering a multicopter in fast forward flight requires control of roll AND yaw to do coordinated turns. In drift mode, the software is controlling yaw for you, based on forward speed and roll.

Sent from my Ainol Novo 7 Fire using Tapatalk[/quote]

I’ll try this flight mode ASAP.

Thank you!