Download latest 3.2 fireware update

I need to update my apm 2.6 firmware, I understand the latest version I can use is 3.2.
I cannot update through mission planner, it starts the process, looks at board, decides 3.2 is latest, connects to internet and downloads to a point the green bar is about 90% done, then connect error-download failed, com port 13 shows the quad connected, but fails every time.

I have attempted to custom download with no success, thought I would go to common download, but cannot determine which is the latest 3.2 version.

Either someone tell how to resolve this issue with mission planner as I know others have had similar or just provide me with a direct link to the latest stable version of 3.2

Thanks in advance.

Tom Gates

Seems as if I read some where, that a 2.6 will only take up to 3.1. It will not accept the newest firmware.

That’s definitely not true, I built a tri-copter using an APM 2.6 and that has been running 3.2 since it was released.

Have you tried choosing to install 3.2.1 instead of letting it decide on 3.2? I know APM 2.6 will run that as well.

Very true I’m running a Tarot680 pro on an APM 2.6 with FW 3.2.1 here…

That’s definitely not true, I built a tri-copter using an APM 2.6 and that has been running 3.2 since it was released.

Have you tried choosing to install 3.2.1 instead of letting it decide on 3.2? I know APM 2.6 will run that as well.[/quote]

First, Mission Planner will not allow me to install 3.2.1, for that matter it will not finish download of any version for some reason, I have checked the com port, shows quad connected as should be, not sure what issue is.
Second, I cannot determine for the common download page which is the stable/latest version of 3.2, my goal is to fly spline way points, my only reason for needing an upgrade.

Anybody that can point me to the correct location for the correct stable 3.2 version would be much appreciated

@,
Try here http://firmware.diydrones.com/Copter/
Regards,
TCIII GM

[quote=“TCIII”]@,
Try here http://firmware.diydrones.com/Copter/
Regards,
TCIII GM[/quote]

Thanks, I have been here, in the quad directory>stable, the github read me file indicates 3.2.1, is this acceptable to the quad 2.6 I seen somewhere the latest version it will use is 3.2 same as the Mission Planner states.

Sorry for the slow up link, but if I actually need the latest stable version of 3.2 I have not been able to determine from your link which date is correct.

Thanks again for you assistance and patience

Okay, I finally got the answer I was looking for, as others stated, copter 2.6 apm will work with 3.2.1, thanks to everybody for their input

Does anybody know what the issue is with installing firmware or is there a way to install firmware to APM 2.6 without using Mission Planner, I downloaded the latest stable version 3.2.1 to do a custom install to the apm.

I am still having the same issue as when I try to install directly, the green bar goes about 90% across and then I get a communication error. I have checked my com ports all good, used different usb cable, no change, can transfer way point files, mavlink works and use terminal to check current version on apm 3.0.1, but cannot update firmware.

Anybody?

[quote=“tomgates”]Does anybody know what the issue is with installing firmware or is there a way to install firmware to APM 2.6 without using Mission Planner, I downloaded the latest stable version 3.2.1 to do a custom install to the apm.

I am still having the same issue as when I try to install directly, the green bar goes about 90% across and then I get a communication error. I have checked my com ports all good, used different usb cable, no change, can transfer way point files, mavlink works and use terminal to check current version on apm 3.0.1, but cannot update firmware.

Anybody?[/quote]

Try installing an older version of MP - I used 1.3.0
It may be that I’m still using WinXP for which latest versions of MP have problems I hear.