I’m new to the Pixhawk scene so please excuse me if I don’t get things quite right (Still reading to become more knowledgeable - Right now pretty confused)
Have 2 hardware identical 3dr PX4 FMUs which I are are running different autopilots versions (Believe Ardupilot). See at bottom for Unit #1 and #2 details (hopefully provide useful info)
Looking to make Unit #2 the same as unit #1 so I can test capturing serial data (GPS/MAvLink1) while on the ground (no live flight)
- Can I downgrade the firmware on unit #2 to 3.5.7?
- If so, where can I download firmware 3.5.7 for my FMU (I’ve found release notes; but no firmware binaries)
- Can I use MissonPlanner and/or QGroundControl to export the settings from unit #1 into unit #2 to have similarly configured units?
- If I can export and import the settings, is there anything which could cause issues with doing this?
- Have been reading that there was some issues with the 3dr FMU with a limit of 1 meg of memory, and that there was a hardware revision + bootloader + firmware change to correct this. How would I tell if my hardware has the issue?
- Are there any console monitoring tools, where I could decode the MAvLink1 serial data (live and also play back captured data)
Any assistance, pointers, words of wisdom are greatly apricated
The hardware is https://ardupilot.org/copter/docs/common-pixhawk-overview.html
PX4: b535f974 NuttX: 1bcae90b
PX4v2 00360034 30345111 37383933
APM:Copter V3.5.7 (b11c6af3)
PX4: 1e7ed30b NuttX: 1472b16c
PX4v2 002B0035 3034510A 38323435
ArduCopter V3.6.12 (cb570c06)