Do Set Roi without turning gimbal

Hi I try to use Do Set Roi during mission to send my drone on a certain direction when shooting video, its great but only one problem. If I have a gimbal, it turns a gimbal.

I love the stabilization effect of gimbal but if there is anyway that I can send my drone pointed to a direction not my gimbal. Without the need to disable my gimbal?

I tried to disable my gimbal yaw, but my pitch and roll and will haywire wire when I use do set roi

@Josephjj,

It should be possible to disable the yaw of the gimbal by setting both MNT1_YAW_MIN and _MAX to zero.

If possible could you provide a log file? I’d like to see which gimbal you’re using and although in 4.4 we don’t have any good logging of the mount angles (that will come in 4.5) it might allow me to figure out the cause of the problem.

2 Likes

Wouldn’t guided mode with nav command be better for sending a drone to a point. RoI is for targeting sensors not navigation.

Hi I trying to test one and get the log.

What I doing now us just to enable mnt1 roll. Pitch i set to rcin directly from my controller. As for yaw I disabled it.

I think the better way is to use a external gimbal controller.

I custom building gimbal using servos. Will upload the bin once i got it.

I think for the developers of ardupilot it would be better if the stabilization for yaw and pitch and roll for gimbals run independant from Do Set Roi. For instance if we run more than 90 degrees from the point of interest, most gimbal is useless. Its a good initiative for gimbal to follow the point but that is more suited for fixed wing. As a multicopter, the heading of the drone following the point makes more sense as gimbal has limited turning degrees.

No for instance we like to shoot video on a certain point. We plan a mission, fly it in auto mode makes better sense than guide mode.