DIY RM3100 compass inconsistant [SOLVED]

Good day, ive check a little bit your board…, I’ve done some correction… like i remove some routes from GND pads of the MCU and other components coz GND vias you place already attach GND signals…, better place GND vias and modify the size of it so you can place it near the pad you need make GND… better also change the can port… just use a jst gh connector or hirose df13. The design is good… just try to keep asymmetric as much as possible the traces for CAN LINES coz can signal is delicate

Hi David,
Yes you are right, It’s just a easy way to get the 13156’s GND connect the groud plane, but not a good way though. about the connector issue, The project is mainly for fun, no case for the board, the JST connector is not easy to solder, and very easy to rip it off the board. hope I can get a 3D printed case for the board then I can replace with JST connector on it.
About the CAN signal, I think you are not right about this(or It’s a typo?), CAN bus is a differential signal, so better to keep the CAN_H and CAN_L symmetric, since the controller only detects the difference between the CAN_H and CAN_L, It will help the controller to resists the eletromagnetic noise. It’s certainly not designed very well but It’s very short, so I think It’s can be safety ingored.

Good day, sorry wrong type about can lines.
The project is good… what kind of mcu you want use?

I designed this three times, frist time I used STM32F103C8T6 running AP_Periph 1.0, but It’s won’t boot at sometimes, so I replace it with STM32F412CGU6, so far It’s working well. but It’s a bit wasteful of the MCU’s resource. tridge has updated the AP_Periph to 1.1, I think we can try STM32F103 again, cause It’s much more cheap.

Good day, you can try also the stm32f303… if i remember well its also pin compatible with stm32f103…, maybe but not sure another MCU.
i will try to find some components for the. magneto… not easy

Hi david,
try aliexpress, just 20 usd for the sensors

super… i will check asap.
Thank you…