Dividing a large area mission into sub-missions for battery change

Hi All; I’ve been using QGC for some time and it’s an excellent system - thanks to the developers :fu:
I have a question on the subject matter: is there a way to break down a large mission during the planning phase, prior to the actual flight? Something like Mission Planner where you can divide a survey into a number of ‘sub-missions’: for instance the overall large area requires say 60 min, based for example on 10 min endurance per flight, I would divide the mission into 6 smaller flights.
Thanks in advance for any feedback.
Regards
Giovanni

You don’t need to break up the mission you can just resume it after a battery change. Look here: https://docs.qgroundcontrol.com/en/releases/stable_v3.2_long.html for details on Resume Mission.

Thank you, Sir: much appreciated. Just one last clarification: what can be done to resume a mission that for whatever reason requires multiple flights over several days; when done for the day eventually the UAV and QGC are both shut-down.
One option could be (correct me if I’m wrong): after the last RTL, prior to turning everything down, unplug the UAV battery, plug it in again, let the system recalculate the mission (so it’s saved on to the FC, and also save the mission file in QGC); the following day restart with the saved mission.
What do you think?
Thanks
Regards
Giovanni

1 Like

Yes, that is correct.

1 Like

one the features of version 3.2 is “Remove mission after vehicle lands” . Is not this a problem with that?
What is its procedure to resume mission for a fixed wing?

Just click Cancel to leave the mission on the vehicle. Or if you are using a daily build click the big “Leave plan on vehicle” button.

I write the procedure that comes to my mind, if it’s a mistake to correct it. I must change battery and launch the fixed wing drone in auto mode. After taking off, change the mode to the guided and choose the option of the resume mission . Then should I change my mood again to auto? I am confused between the Auto and guided mode.

Resume Mission docs here: https://docs.qgroundcontrol.com/en/releases/stable_v3.2_long.html