Disarming when changing modes

I am running Arducopter 5 on a Matek 405 FC. Everything is working fine, including compass and GPS. It will arm in Position Hold if required, but when I change to eg. Stabilize mode, or any other mode, it will Disarm.
Same if I arm in eg. Stabilize mode and change to Altitude Hold.
Anybody ever experienced this?

I don’t know what that is.

Post a link to a .bin flight log.

But I use One Drive and I am not sure that you can use such a link. The file is unfortunately 4.4 Mb, so it is too big for this forum.

Almost any .bin file is too big for the forum. Put it on a cloud service and post a link to it like everyone has to do.

1 Like

Can you open this link?
https://videntillejecloud-my.sharepoint.com/:u:/g/personal/ivan_videntilleje_dk/EeLG38fRl8NOuNSwL4Im3AwBgdUd70VAcHO55cj4qDQjqg?e=89ly4i

It transfers me to my home directory. Use share button to get a link.

(I am assuming you are switching modes using radio level sticks)Please Make Sure that Motor Stopped High is not configure on the same buttons as of flight modes. (In short : Motor stopped high and flight modes should not map to same channel.)

1 Like

What type of craft is this? This kind?
Heli

Hey Buddy,
As from the logs the Vehicle is not disarming due to mode change but of your “DISARM_DELAY”.
That means that you didn’t move the throttle sticks for 10 seconds and drone is disarming as your throttle value is always less (in Logs it is 982 all the time.) So drone will automatically disarm after 10 seconds after arming, even you didn’t change the mode.
Solution: Arm in your desired mode and move the throttle sticks a bit to avoid the vehicle to disarm.
Be safe while flying in stabilize mode as a little more throttle will make the vehicle takeoff.

Hoping this helps. If there is anything else let us know…

Happy Flying…

Fantastic! It worked with the DISARM_DELAY. I tried to set it to 0, and rightly so - it does not disarm anymore. Can not wait until the wind goes down so that I can try the Heli for real.
Thank you.

Best

This is not entirely true for a helicopter. For a helicopter, it requires that the motor interlock be disabled (rotor starts spinning) within the 10 second disarmed delay timer otherwise the aircraft will be disarmed.

Since the disarmed delay no longer works once you’ve disabled motor interlock, this is not required. In fact, you generally don’t want to raise the collective off of the bottom stop for helicopters in stabilize mode. The reason being is that you could trigger the aircraft to think it is flying, which could create problems.

2 Likes

Glad it works👍🏻

Regards

Sorry, in case case i suggest something wrong… actually i havent seen the logs in much details. I just use laymen language to address the cause and solution.

Just let me know where to change the technicalities of answer for better understanding. I will do it asap.

Regards