Disable Joystick with ArduRover

Hi I have a a boat running ardupilot Rover / Boat config 4.2 firmware. I can connect with QGC but when I try and do a vehicle setup it always wants a joystick setup. I am running it on one of those combined Android tablets with RC joystick built in. I dont want or need to use Joystick; but I cant disable it anywhere. I saw that on PX4 you can disable it but I couldnt find anything similar for the ArduRover / Boat. The JOystick Icon remains red and I cant do anything until this is resolved.

If I am not mistaken, this joystick setup is for PX4 only and should not affect a user running Ardupilot.

Thanks for the response, I had thought that as well. In my case though I am running the most recent ardurover firmware, with the frame class set to boat. When I use mission planner all is good. As soon as I connect to QGC all the mission planning shows is the map tiles and I can set a home position but add waypoints etc is greyed out. The same for the vehicle setup tab. The Joystick Gears Icon comes up red, and I don’t appear to have the full menu; if I go to safety tab there is nothing available etc; so I think it needs joystick. I go into joystick setup and it tells me “Detected 0 joystick Axes. To operate PX4 you need at least 4 axes.”
I am not running PX4 firmware. When I checked on line about disabling Joystick support, it only comes up with Enabling PX4 joystick support, and to disable use COM_RC_IN_MODE to 0 to disable; only thing is I am running Ardurover and this does not have any such setting.
In the same page under Ardupilot Joystic support it just says: All ArduPilot vehicles are supported. No parameter configuration is necessary.

So I am still left with, why does it want joystick and then block all actions until it believes vehicle is set up and how do I disable this so I can actually use the QGC?

Thanks and Best Regards

Ralph

Thanks for the response, I had thought that as well. In my case though I am running the most recent ardurover firmware, with the frame class set to boat. When I use mission planner all is good. As soon as I connect to QGC all the mission planning shows is the map tiles and I can set a home position but add waypoints etc is greyed out. The same for the vehicle setup tab. The Joystick Gears Icon comes up red, and I don’t appear to have the full menu; if I go to safety tab there is nothing available etc; so I think it needs joystick. I go into joystick setup and it tells me “Detected 0 joystick Axes. To operate PX4 you need at least 4 axes.”

I am not running PX4 firmware. When I checked on line about disabling Joystick support, it only comes up with Enabling PX4 joystick support, and to disable use COM_RC_IN_MODE to 0 to disable; only thing is I am running Ardurover and this does not have any such setting.

In the same page under Ardupilot Joystic support it just says: All ArduPilot vehicles are supported. No parameter configuration is necessary.

So I am still left with, why does it want joystick and then block all actions until it believes vehicle is set up and how do I disable this so I can actually use the QGC?

Thanks and Best Regards

Ralph

I know that letting it this way will not block anything running ArduCopter, but I have no experience with ArduRover, so maybe it could be a little bit different, I’m afraid I am not the best person to answer this to you…