Disable failsafe

I am looking to be able to remotely disabled failsafe in certain situations via the tx

I have done 3 flights so far, all of them though ended with failsafe, all 3 was a low battery failsafe, for the first 2 things went well (after my initial reaction of out shot I lost control) the third time wasn’t so good.

When the failsafe kicked in it started to do its normal rtl, however this time it wasn’t coming down straight, instead it was circling as it was coming down (probably gps drift) and upon landing it tipped over, thankfully no damage was caused.

This seems a little dangerous losing control and a little pointless if you still have radio lock, I want to keep the low battery rtl failsafe function but at the same time take control back if I need to

I suppose this would be useful for other failsafe modes apart from signal loss where you have no choice but to auto rtl

After looking around I can’t seem to find any tx overwrite function, my question is this possible and how to set it up

Thanks

@SJones
This is more of a firmware or GCS issue than a hardware issue.
What firmware are you using and what GCS?
Regards,
TCIII GM

Thanks for the heads up, I am using mission planner 1.3.3 with ArduCopter V3.2.1

@SJones,
Why are you using such an old version of MP when the latest is v1.3.30?
Regards,
TCIII GM

is 1.3.3 not the same as v1.3.30? i meant to put v.1.3.30 if it is different, didn’t see the need to put the 0 at the end, sorry for any confusion

Have you tried changing flight mode while in RTL?

IE, you’re in stabilise, failsafe event occurs triggering RTL, you change to AltHold and back to Stabilise.

@SJones,
No, MP v1.3.3 is not the same as v1.3.30.
Regards,
TCIII GM

Sorry I have not replied earlier, I have only recently been able to fly, so I would like to confirm that switching between modes does in fact disable its auotpilot, thanks for the help!