Difficult to find moving map on current zoomlevel usefull

The current implementation of the moving map and the automatic zoom bothers me a lot.

I like to see more (zoom out) of the map so I can always see where I started the mission (better for orientation). Now, when I zoom out, within a split second, the zoomlevel changes and Droidplanner zooms in again.
Also when I pan the map, Droidplanner takes control immediately again. Disabling the Auto Pan is no option because it it a big problem when I start Droidplanner, to get to the current position on the map.

I asked some time ago for a user settable zoomlevel (by pinching the screen) without Droidplanner interfering with it. Can I expect within some time a change or have I missed an already present function or am I the only one experiencing this behaviour as annoying?

It’s on our issue list, but we are working on some code structure first.

Disabling the Auto Pan is no option because it it a big problem when I start Droidplanner, to get to the current position on the map.

Try disabling auto pan, and using the locate-me button (top rigth of the map) to go to your current location.

By the way are you using DPv2? It handles the map much better.