Difference (in performance) between these two GPS units?

Looking for an inexpensive (less than $50) M10 GPS - these two (below) fit the bill. Is the Matek worth double the cost? Thanks…

Flywoo Goku:

Matek:

I have one of those Goku modules but have only bench tested it. For that it worked well, quickly acquiring Sats and a lot of them (GPS+Glonass). I have been meaning to replace a Matek M8N on 1 quad but haven’t gotten around to it.

This is good prompting to do it :slight_smile:

Thanks very much Dave - I’ll go ahead and get one as well.

both work very well slight difference in size between one another and the flywoo one I got lacked any compass orientation marks but it seems this has been solved as i have seen some now with what it is. They both acquire sats very quickly once all its been fired up once and ran through configs. and of course the flywoo is quite a bit cheaper.

Thanks.

You bring up an interesting question for compasses that have no markings.

How DOES a person deal with that?

I am actually in the process of installing a GPS/compass pulled out of a DJI Mavic (version 1) and it has no directional markings.

I’ve tried several of these GPS with M10 chips and they all perform very well, including BZGNSS BZ-251, Beitian BE-252, the iFlight equivalent, and the Flywoo equivalent. They take similar time as Matek M10Q to acquire GPS, and is able to acquire the same number of satellites. Seems the M10 chips just work well regardless which company packages them.

Even if you guess wrong when the 1st compass calibration is performed (the initial crude one) COMPASS_AUTO_ROT will determine what it is and set the COMPASS_ORIENT accordingly. You can then either leave it as is or use the Orient value to determine how to correct it.

On the Flywoo module point the connector to the rear of the craft.

BTW-I switched out the Matek module to the Flywoo module. Seems to work well so far. Flying for Magfit in a bit here.

1 Like