DF13 cables horror story

I want to order a few cables because the disconnecting and connecting of the pixhawk df13 connectors have cost me a couple of cables. even watching the connecting tutorial
youtube.com/watch?v=Kfu8M8t2fWY

So I wanted to buy (see attachment) and the lowest shipping is 36 dollar for a couple of cables.
So my question at 3DR was “Isn’t there a another way of shipping for a couple of dollars of cables like a envelope?”

And the answer I did not wanted to hear for a couple of cables.

We have contacted our shipping department and been informed that unfortunately that’s the lowest shipping cost we have available at the moment. Even if we send the items in an envelope, USPS will still charge us $36.

So I feel really let down by 3DR by buying equipment from 3dr.

48 Dollars for a couple of small replacement cables !!!

Is there really no other option???

[quote=“peter750”]I want to order a few cables because the disconnecting and connecting of the pixhawk df13 connectors have cost me a couple of cables. even watching the connecting tutorial
youtube.com/watch?v=Kfu8M8t2fWY

So I wanted to buy (see attachment) and the lowest shipping is 36 dollar for a couple of cables.
So my question at 3DR was “Isn’t there a another way of shipping for a couple of dollars of cables like a envelope?”

And the answer I did not wanted to hear for a couple of cables.

We have contacted our shipping department and been informed that unfortunately that’s the lowest shipping cost we have available at the moment. Even if we send the items in an envelope, USPS will still charge us $36.

So I feel really let down by 3DR by buying equipment from 3dr.

48 Dollars for a couple of small replacement cables !!!

Is there really no other option???[/quote]

Sorry to hear that. As shown in the video you linked, the correct way to disengage DF13 is to pry the connector up from the correct side - not pull on the wires. Digi-key and similar companies may have DF13 housings and pre-crimped wires.

I had a lot of bad experiences with DF13 before I learned to disengage them. I’ve also heard that shaving the retention tabs off the connector makes them more manageable.

Checking on this…

Sorry to hear that. It looks like a glitch in the shipping software – I’ll report it to the team. What country are you in?

It’ not a glitch. Shipping has been outrageous for about a year.

It’s been costing me $38 to ship a single $1.25 servo cable to Switzerland for around a year now.

I wouldn’t mind, but 3DR has been making a custom 5/6 cable for the GPS in 2.6, which - apart from being 10cm too short - no other supplier is making yet. So if I ever break it, it’s gonna cost me $40 to repair. Not happy.

Thanks for the reports. Those shipping rates are definitely out of line. I’ll put the team on it to find out what’s going wrong there.

Hi Zlite,

I’m from Europe, I looking forward to new sending options for cables.

Regards,
Peter

Hi Peter,

I’m sorry, I will close this post, since this is not a hardware or software question. Please follow up the shipping options by writing again to help@3drobotics.com also you can let them know about this post.

Regards,
RogelioN