Attendee count (max): 26
UTC1100 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/15236
- No time in SITL
- Could perhaps make times match F4 hardware?
- Memory allocation
- Give a message back saying “set this option”?
- Automatically set option on first fetch
UTC1106 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/15231
- Add pos control PID logging
- PSCP rather than PSC1?
- AP_Logger_Write is convenient but significantly
- Move to normal block writing rather than Write_Log?
- Only 10Hz so it doesn’t really matter
- Rate pids you want high rates
- Navigation pids can be slower
- Can be merged after it’s using a structure to log things
UTC1114 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/15208
- We have alt-hold lean angle max
- Uses throttle do determine max lean angle?
- Why is it using current throttle rather than hover throttle?
- Need to get Leonard to review this one
UTC115 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/15158
- Return uint8_t’s rather than boolean
- Need to pass script stuff via MdB
UTC1118 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/15258
- Check to see if there’s any flash improvement
- Otherwise just fix the initialisation and remove the #ifdefs
UTC1122 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/15263
- Lock in -Werror
- Will prevent bugs
- Will get CI failures where they ignored errors on their local builds
- Moving CI to Focal
- Developers may not get warnings on their local machine but might fail in CI
- Some failures might be real bugs
- Warning free on arm compilers instead?
- Whitelist specific compilers
- Tell user which compiler they’re using it
- We do acknowledge the extra pain
- But -Werror picks up real problems
- Pierre’s fix for gebcnhmark makes related PR’s hacks unnecessary
UTC1127 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/15261
- Pass it by Leonard
- Pid_info in the logger class is really not nice
- Would be nice to pass pid_info in instead of embedded
- Tridge has a student working on eliminating the redundant PID implementation
- Redundant PID system for a while!
- Merge after Leonard’s happy
UTC1140 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/15256
- Run configure and check hwdef.h for the board
- Changing DMA priorities may disable DMA on other things, so you have to be a bit careful
- See what changes in the DMA map
- Tridge will merge once he’s happy with the DMA map
UTC1145 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/15242
- Set a minimum level to be transferred from ArduPilot
- MissionPlanner shows all messages ATM regardless of severity level
- Tridge has a preference for doing it on the ground control station
- MAV parameter object would be done for this
- Plane’s send text informs the GCS operator
- Rate-limitted status texts?
- Rework for AP_Vehicle
- Make sure messages still go into the log
- Generally happy with the concept it seems
UTC0000 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/15220
UTC0002 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/15219
- See what SmartRTL inherits from RTL and look at removing the other inheritance
UTC0005 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/15207
- Discussion-starting PR
- Need to let Heli rotor spool up before taking off
- Swipe Loiter’s pre-takeoff-state?
- Copying takeoff altitude aside
- Remove some restrictions on Heli for auto-armed
- Significant change to auto-armed
- Randy will look before Friday
UTC0013 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/15203
- Factor a whole bunch of PWM measurements
- Clean up debug as pointed out by tridge then merge this in
UTC0022 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/15195
- Specific to tilt-vectored tailsitters
- Leonard has weighed in
- Qloiter mode
- Relax changes desired attitude to current attitude
- What happens on non-level ground on the ground?
- It will no longer build up roll integrators
- Probably a fix
- We don’t relax axes in stabilise in current mode
- Qstab sets throttle-wait to false
- We don’t want to relax the pitch axis when idle on a vectored tailsitter
- A lot of code for just that?
- Why touching roll/yaw, then?
- Tridge doesn’t like duplication
- Less work and more code?
- Derivative of euler is what matters at singularity
- Distinguishing roll/yaw at 90 degrees is not possible
- Stick it in tailsitter.cpp in quadplane?
- Not in leonard’s bailiwick then
- Already have other tilt compensation in tailsitter.cpp
- Tailsitter-relax function?
- Multirotor copters will eventually handle tilt-rotors
- But quadplanes already can
- Very much an in-the-future thing
- Need to convince Leonard or shove it into tailsitter.cpp
- Definitely need to discuss with Leonard
UTC0040 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/15020
- Frame Types not relevant for normal multi?
UTC0050 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/12756
- This one got forgotten past last November…
- Mark’s been flying it on his convergence
- No behaviour change if options not set
UTC0052 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/15257
UTC0055 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/issues/14460
- Plane update
- 4.0.6 is out!
- We’ve learnt our lesson about shoving too much stuff into point releases
- Lots of logs came in for beta, which was really good!
- Throttle failsafe==2
- Bug report from Copter user which would have liked the same for Copter
- Land repositioning due to no throttle failsafe set….
UTC0056 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/issues/12547
- rc 4 out for a week or so
- Probably go live with it before Friday
- There will almost certainly be a 4.0.5 but probably not too soon
- Lots of avoidance stuff is still happening!
- 360 lidars when leaning forward, LIDAR sees ground….
- Might try to evade them…
- 3D camera can improve by using different part of image depending on leaning
- Vehicle code might need this stuff
UTC0103 - GSoC