Attendee count (max): 28
UTC 1100 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/14203
- Draft PR for OSD support for setting parameters
- Looking for feedback!
- We have multiple different protocols for carrying this sort of thing
- Param set via transmitter is a thing
- This is stick-inputs OSD display stuff
- There’s a third one which is Graupner
- Arbitrary text on a few line display
- Maybe also srxl
- 4 lines of 13 characters, one at a time
- Also use these for showing flightmode and whatnot rather than just statustext
- How does this work?
- Same way that the read-only PR works
- Two new screens
- Set of 8 OSD param settings which set where it is on the screen and which ID
- The IDs are not persistent
- Can only do 8
- Would like to be able to do entire parameter tree
- Users could set parameters to use using the GCS
- So they have a set to modify out at the field
- [9:07 AM] (Channel) PH: i guess you could have a screen of pre-sets and then the search tree
- Store token numbers which are persistent?
- 32-bit number
- Only useful if you’re using FTP to transfer your parameters
- Could store as two parameters
- [9:08 AM] (Channel) PH: can you have the param to change the params on the osd on the osd?
- Can’t really use the index id as when firmware is updated the OSD parameter things will break
- A new storage area for OSD display data?
- Lack of metadata around ranges is still an issue
- Don’t have metadata like ranges available
- Ranges on our floats are very, very large
- Some count to hundreds, some are 0.01 increments
- Change things to be a percentage?
- Moving from zero would be a problem
- Enumerated types
- GCS has the metadata…
- It could provide the metadata
- Alex stores parameter, min/max, increment and description
- MissionPlanner and Alex’s GUI handle all of this nicely
- Lots of parameters?
- Descriptions are still a problem
- Will come back to this one
UTC1118 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/13923
- Stack size seems good
- Param-ftp-sys stuff all merged
- Stack checking
- Disarmed is a panic
- armed will try to keep flying with the memory corruption
- Internal error in this case
- First 4 characters of name of thread provided
- Srxl is 200 bytes of max-stack
- 296 left
- Is there some way we could cross codepaths that have big buffer sizes?
- Send text, for example
- It happens to be protected
UTC1123 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/13741
- FFT enhancements
- Already discussed pre-call
UTC1124 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/13586
- Add support for custom compass rotation
- Requested changes have been made
- Name-change and dynamic allocation
- [9:26 AM] (Channel) TomPittenger: why do we exclude periph?
- [9:27 AM] (Channel) andypiper: @tom because the euler claculation drags in something that blows up the flash size
UTC1125 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/14259
- Global check if @Values is increasing
- People were raising PRs to keep things in order
- Tridge doesn’t like the new ordering on many of these
- [9:27 AM] (Channel) tridge: // @Values: -256:External only (0xFF00),-1:All (0xFFFF),0:None (0x0000)
- Tom: Most of these are improvements
- The negative ones are counterproductive
- Negative because of historical problems with type widths / conversion to floats
- [9:28 AM] (Channel) tridge: -6146:NearlyAll-AC315
- Default or zero would be nice as the first one
- Can now properly transfer int32 values using ftp
- [9:30 AM] (Channel) TP: sounds like we’re wanting to reject this PR. That woudl be a bad idea. Lets take in the good ones, leave out the “bad” ones and move on
- [9:30 AM] (Channel) TP: can we figure out the “known good” ones that we know we’ll accept?
- [9:31 AM] To Weekly devcall: @Tom: the point of this PR from my perspective was that things would get enforced somehow. So we don’t do this call again in a year
- [9:32 AM] (Channel) TP: @peter we have lots of those discussions and nothing happens because of a stupid corner case. progress is good
- Attitude control input time constant reverses order so very-crisp is the top one
- Cherry-pick out the good ones
UTC1137 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/14187
- Battery voltage
- Slewrate works fine
- Applied after this stuff
- Shouldn’t touch manual throttles
- [9:38 AM] (Channel) MdB: auto only I think…
- [9:38 AM] (Channel) MdB: don’t mess with manual being a passthrough personally
- Watt limits?
- This is a tuning thing
- Not directly comparable
- Exempt which modes?
- Just manual?
- Huge range in throttle position charged vs discharged on 18650-style cells?
- This can only range throttle so stopping shouldn’t be a problem
- Reversed throttles?
- Failed voltage sensor?
- Any limits?
- Does nothing if resting estimate voltage is <25% of minimum
- This can push up your throttle on landing
- High-voltage on battery pack?
UTC1139 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/13315
- AP_Scripting add support for dataflash logging
- Ready for a full review
- Any valgrind test?
UTC1147 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/14100
- Translation data?
- Moves first waypoint with coordinates to point where you switch to auto mode
- Orientation comes from home point to auto mode change point
- Probably not the right way to do it
- This is calling out for a script
- Problem is the intended board doesn’t have scripting
- 1MB board
- No GCS available
- Using for soaring
- 9:56 AM] (Channel) RM: Peter Barker’s suggestion is we set the frame, on the MISSION_ITEM to MAV_FRAME_LOCAL_NED
- [9:57 AM] (Channel) RM: https://mavlink.io/en/messages/common.html#MAV_FRAME_LOCAL_NED
- [9:57 AM] To Weekly devcall: Thanks Randy.
- Problem using frame?
- Relative to current position
- Relative to where you entered auto
- There’s BODY_NED
- 20 waypoints?
- Too much maintenance?
- Part of AP_Soaring?
- Too much maths in common functions?
- Advance-current-nav command for example
- Other operators want things relative to home location, not to where you entered auto
- [10:00 AM] (Channel) MdB: I’ve heard the desire to rotate but how people want to define where that comes from is hard, hence my preference for letting scripts do it…
- Fewer and fewer boards over next few years that can’t do scripting
- Maintenance cost on this is too high
- Specific use case
- 2kB of flash and lots of code
- Lots of capable chips coming out
- F7 is where things should be
- Conditional compilation?
- If it was nicely separated
- [10:06 AM] (Channel) PH: is there any hope of getting scriptting when we drop the EKF?
- Can we fit it now we don’t have EKF2 on them?
- [10:07 AM] (Channel) RM: Willy, thanks very much for the effort on this PR…
- [10:08 AM] (Channel) MdB: lua ate a fair amount…
- [10:08 AM] (Channel) MdB: and then lua is probably gonna be held up on 1MB boards quickly…
- Tridge will add something to the PR
- [10:13 AM] (Channel) PH: its totaly worth the upgrade of flight conroller to get scripting and lots of other stuff BTW
UTC0015 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot_wiki/pull/2705
- Style guide
- Constants aren’t really what matters
UTC0019 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/mavlink/pull/133
- Old outdated commented out message definitions
UTC0019 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/mavlink/pull/93
- Has-destination and is-location stuff
- Some units stuff
UTC0022 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ChibiOS/pull/20
- Should try a smaller SD card on exfat
- Asked the author to tell tridge what compiler he’s using
UTC0025 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/14282
UTC0029 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/14273
- Shut down motors when parachute released
- Disarm by default
- But should be able to rearm
- Disable disarm checks if you were flying when parachute popped
UTC0031 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/issues/13526
- Redo safety switch stuff
- Behaviour switchable using parameters?
- [10:34 AM] (Channel) MdB: We worry about integrators winding up on plane I think
- We reset integrators when safety switch is enabled
- Not many pins on the F103 available
- Either done as a script
- Force safety state
- AP_Button use pins off the FMU rather than IOMCU
- Should make sure throttle isn’t wound up when estop is enabled on Rover
- [10:38 AM] (Channel) NN: perhaps a digital signal out on one pin, through a switch then into another I/O sense pin. On disconnect, we switch to user defined state. (hold etc)
- [10:39 AM] (Channel) PH: I’m fairly sure the RC option E-stop on rover doesn’t zero integrators
- [10:41 AM] To Weekly devcall: @Peter_Hall could be fun to see what happens in copter in Loiter mode with full throttle and the RC channel option asserted to disable motors…
- Use a button and scripting?
- Does this need to be on IOMCU?
- Boards with no IOMCU would seem to make sense
- Two auxillary ports, one talking pwm to another
- External safety switches are supported
- So API is in place for AP_Button to manipulate safety switch state
- mRo CAN node with safety button on it?
- Will be discussed more on partner’s call tomorrow when Nick has sound working
- [10:45 AM] (Channel) NN: I think the end action should be user param. disarm/hold/pause etc
UTC0048 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/14237
- Could make this come from the option bits
- Set attitude target / set position target
- Don’t honour these under avoid-adsb
UTC0051 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/14238
- What’s the definition of “guided”?
- Uses the external guided commands?
- Able to accept position targets from external systems
- Lots of logic
- Vtol loiter in ADSB?
- [10:54 AM] (Channel) MdB: i dont know if that even works now honestly
- [10:55 AM] (Channel) MdB: I had that thought while reviewing
- Needs to be reworked for previous change (avoidadsb doesn’t do external commands any more)
- Should probably all be changed to just be mode-guided
- External override stuff seems to have a bug in it
- Attitude overrides in ADSB?
- Most things should just be MODE_GUIDED
- This PR will probably just move to checking against &mode_guided
- [11:00 AM] (Channel) Michael_duBreuil: Despite the outcome I think this flagged real bugs so thanks!
UTC0101 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/14249
UTC0104 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/14244
- Use check-failed-for-arming-check
UTC0108 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/14263
- Change autotest output format
UTC0110 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/14255
- Stop returning unsupported for a command we do support
- Remove comment and can then be merged
- Should be using temporarily rejected
UTC0115 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/14254
- One disk block could map to two locations
- Changes the assignment of lat/lon
- Tridge has script to pregenerate for region and upload
- May need to download data
- Someone is generating things for the entire world
- 100GB or more?
- Download would be ~13GB
- Just Australia would be quite achievable, for example
UTC0020 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/14248
- Just make it emergency yaw reset, don’t include mag data information
- Long strings are really bad on MissionPlanner?
UTC0024 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/14247
UTC0037 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/14234
- No interest in having this in master
UTC0041 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/14225
- Needs to just be based off --debug
- Performance problems? Don’t run --debug then!
UTC0042 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/13723
- Make landing detector more forgiving
- Small accelerations / landing
- 3D filter for a one-degree Z
UTC0045 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/13685
- Allow scripting to set mission item stuff
- Tridge and MdB looked at this
- Points addressed
- Ready for merge?
- Commented out stuff in bindings?
- One big commit?
- Two commits, one for auto-generation
- [11:49 AM] (Channel) PH: can we have a exmaple too if you have one
- A whole bunch of comments from MdB
- Michael needs to sign off on this
- Tridge is happy enough with this
UTC0050 - GSoC update
- Students have been announced!
- We have 5 students
- 2 have already been involved for a while
- Walking robots
UTC0054 - Copter
- 4.0.4 beta testing to start soon
UTC0055 - Partner’s call tomorrow
UTC0056 - Close