Attendee count (max): 18
UTC1100 - Clean up Heli Autotune to reduce flash size by bnsgeyer · Pull Request #20238 · ArduPilot/ardupilot · GitHub
- Clean up heli autotune to reduce flash size
UTC1105 - Copter: improve shaping of rate controlled axes by bnsgeyer · Pull Request #20307 · ArduPilot/ardupilot · GitHub
- Improve shaping of rate-control axis
- Reworked to only affect Heli
- Wraps old function so should only affect Heli
- That does push flash usage up
- Passing in lots of parameters which won’t really change?
- Position control modes, when you enter loiter mode it sets the loiter acceleration limits etc etc
- Leonard Randy and Bill agreed they liked this way of doing things this way
- Doing it on mode enter might be nicer?
- Costs on flash and runtime for passing the parameters
- All other parameters change constantly, but these new parameter don’t
- New parameters should live in ATC rather than in Copter instead?
- Wouldn’t need to pass them….
- Plane is kind of missing out on these new features in ATC a bit
- Poking values into the controller rather than passing them in is probably a better way of doing things
- More sharing we do across vehicles the better
- Parameters inside the ATC?
UTC1118 - Disable Solo Gimbal except on CubeSolo and CubeGreen-solo by peterbarker · Pull Request #20328 · ArduPilot/ardupilot · GitHub
- Only enable Solo gimbal on relevant Cubes
- Also gets OreoLED
UTC1125 - vector3: return w1 not zero vector by xianglunkai · Pull Request #20369 · ArduPilot/ardupilot · GitHub
- Return w1 not zero vector
UTC1126 - Fix ESCs constantly arming on rover with dshot commands by andyp1per · Pull Request #20374 · ArduPilot/ardupilot · GitHub
- Fixes ESCs constantly arming on Rover with shot commands
- Put throttle on 2nd 3rd of 4th in pwm group then things wouldn’t work
UTC1129 - Shorten dshot pulse width by andyp1per · Pull Request #20379 · ArduPilot/ardupilot · GitHub
- Change dshot pulsewidth
- Need tridge
- Bumped to DevcallEU
UTC1130 - AP_NavEKF3: rewrite getLLH to avoid excessive indenting by peterbarker · Pull Request #20380 · ArduPilot/ardupilot · GitHub
- Constant position mode doesn’t set altitude?
- PH thinks the bug does exist
- People liked the reformatting
UTC1135 - Blimp: remove duplicated and unused params by Hwurzburg · Pull Request #20381 · ArduPilot/ardupilot · GitHub
- Blimp Wiki is up!
- This removes duplicated and unused parameters in Blimp
- This isn’t all of them
- But most of them
- Failsafes aren’t working in Blimp right now
Blimp Home — Blimp documentation !!
UTC1136 - SP Racing H7 extreme updates by andyp1per · Pull Request #20385 · ArduPilot/ardupilot · GitHub
- H7 Xtreme updates
UTC1139 - AP_Param: fixed param class conversion code by tridge · Pull Request #20388 · ArduPilot/ardupilot · GitHub
- fixes parameter keeps getting reset issue
UTC1141 - HWDEF: add SLCAN OTG port, correct defaults.param errors by Hwurzburg · Pull Request #20391 · ArduPilot/ardupilot · GitHub
- Qiotek H743 in Orca
- SLCAN OTG port nor right, defaults.param incorrect
UTC1144 - Plane: stable 4.2.0 issues list · Issue #15941 · ArduPilot/ardupilot · GitHub
- No Plane update today
- New beta released
- Played with RC failover
- Throttle-threshold-failsafe does not work in this case as that’s done by the controller
- Good text output now for RC failover
UTC1152 - Copter/Rover: 4.2.0 issues list · Issue #20192 · ArduPilot/ardupilot · GitHub
- Terrain alt issue
- Vehicle hitting ground too faster
- Not slowing down at land alt correctly
- Caused by subtle change in terrain library
- Doesn’t slow 10m above home, slows down 10m above terrain
- Terrain adjustment which got removed
- Another PR went in to restore the functionality
- When you arm and takeoff it assumes that the vehicle is on the ground
- So it zeroes the terrain altitude
- Another beta coming out this week
- Redux ~middday
- All-zeroes watchdog
- Peter couldn’t find anything in the log
- Need to get something in place, even if it just some more logging
- Bdshot had stack overflows?!
- Maybe the crash catcher might show something
- Bumped to DevCallEU
UTC1156 - heli
- Autotune testing highlighted an issue
- determines max allowable p and d gains
- If it can’t it should stop
- Direct-drive fixed-pitch rotor didn’t like autotune
- Spinning at high rate in yaw
- ESC gave up
- No ESC logging
- Being commanded appropriately
- Overcurrent shutdown?
- Overtemp shutdown?
- Dramatic shortage of ESC manufacturers who understand multirotor requirements
- 10:57 AM] Peter Hall: autotune does tend to catch out such issues.
- [10:59 AM] Peter Hall: its about as agressive as the vehicle will ever see, especially since vehicle are not really they run in when people are autotuning.
- Flash-reduction PR to go back into 4.2
UTC0005 - Rover update
- Testing is going well
- More testers than usual
- SCurve navigation
- Will merge soon
- Won’t make 4.2
- Beta3 coming soon
UTC0009 - GSoC
- Looking forward to submissions
- Just a few more days of the current period
- Applications start next Monday
UTC0012 - Conference
- Next Friday
- Thursday evening US
- Tentative schedule
UTC0011 - close