Attendee count (max): 19
UTC1101 - common.xml: add ignition_voltage to EFI_STATUS by peterbarker · Pull Request #273 · ArduPilot/mavlink · GitHub
- Add ignition voltage to efi_status message
UTC1103 - common: add gimbal messages from upstream by rmackay9 · Pull Request #274 · ArduPilot/mavlink · GitHub
- New gimbal messages
- Are these messages good?
- Randy thinks they’re not bad
- Separate between device and gimbal manager
- No gimbal manager messages brought in
- Gimbal device messages only
- Attitude status message comes in at 50Hz
- Randy thinks these are an improvement in a few ways
- Allows you to specify difference between earth and body frame
- Pretty major missing feature
- Point gimbal at target….
- Then you want to lock onto that target
- Then you turn vehicle
- You want to lock the yaw in earth frame
- Gremsy knows difference between Earth and body frame
- Makes a difference to stability while making the turn
- The gremsy takes care of pointing at the target
- Current from-GCS messages don’t let you specify a frame
- Messages are still WIP?
- Shouldn’t be used in production….
- 3 years….
UTC1112 - AP_Mount: custom Gremsy driver by rmackay9 · Pull Request #20915 · ArduPilot/ardupilot · GitHub
- [9:15 AM] Peter Hall: If that is what the GImbal needs that is what we have to use, for now anyway.
- We’re going to have to start removing features….
- Peter’s worried about flash costs
- This one needs guards to allow it to not be compiled in
- Sensor suite….
- Can we not have things compiled in by default?
- Difficult due to sensor drift as things become available/unavailable
- ToshibaCAN and KDECAN can both be compiled out on 1MB boards
- [9:17 AM] Peter Hall: We could remove a bunch of QP frame types.
- Angular limits come from device
- New gimbal driver….
- Doesn’t reuse existing storm driver
- Gimbal device set attitude for the 4 different control regimes
- Manager vs driver?
- This doesn’t make e.g. servo / storm handle the new messages
- “Lock follow” should work with all backends into the future
- Need to get James’ input on what he doesn’t like
UTC1127 - Copter, Plane, Sub, Blimp, AP_Mount: remove unused send_gimbal_report by rmackay9 · Pull Request #20899 · ArduPilot/ardupilot · GitHub
- Removes gimbal report sending
- We didn’t actually send stuff…
- 100 bytes saved!
UTC1138 - INS: only run harmonic notch on active gyro by tridge · Pull Request #20107 · ArduPilot/ardupilot · GitHub
- Don’t filter all IMUs at the same time
- Reduce CPU usage considerably
- Factor of 3 on CubeOrange
- Most dev was done on single-IMU systems….
- When not running filter reset is called all the time
- When you’re chosen your filter starts on the first gyro sample
- Noise will get through for some number of milliseconds after switch
- Should be small as still running low-pass filters
- Do attitude control reset?
- Notch filters are fairly short time-constant….
- Post-filter logging might require them all to be run
- There’s an option for that
- Need to document that option
- 9:41 AM] Peter Hall: we could do a attitude control reset
- [9:41 AM] Peter Hall: like we do for pos control with EKF
- [9:43 AM] Peter Hall: A jump in rate will give huge D term.
- [9:43 AM] Peter Hall: I guess we have D term filter.
- Needs flight testing
- With RC switch to switch IMUs….
- Probably on a Copter
- EKF used to use the filtered data for on-ground/is-flying
- Now can’t even get the filtered data
- Only consumed by rate controllers
- Only ever use one gyro
- Could potentially do median filtering on 3 gyros
- We need to claw back ram and CPU on CubeBlack
- Octaquad with per motor notch filtering….
- 72 notches…
- Correct way to get good low noise
- Throttle-based filter gets a spread of freqs if you have any rpy imbalance
- Including from wind
- Notch filters don’t do well here
- Fft doesn’t work because of spread of freqs
- Need per-motor rpm-based
- Randy will test
UTC1147 - Plane: Quadplane: QRTL climb to QRTL alt first if in Q mode by IamPete1 · Pull Request #20645 · ArduPilot/ardupilot · GitHub
- Tested by Alex and Henry
- QRTL climb to QRTL alt first if in Q mode
- Henry will test some more…
- Qpostcontrol state reset might be a good idea for a follow-up PR
UTC1152 - AP_Periph : add AP_Stats for Node statistics monitoring by Pradeep-Carbonix · Pull Request #20858 · ArduPilot/ardupilot · GitHub
- AP_Stats in AP_Periph
UTC1157 - AP_WheelEncoder: fix WheelEncoder_Quadrature timestamp. by MagicHardware · Pull Request #20885 · ArduPilot/ardupilot · GitHub
- Quadrature timestamp fix
- Us vs ms
- Might affect tuning on balancebot…
- Massive gains might need reducing
- Maybe backport?
- Perhaps not with the tuning problem
UTC1159 - Plane: Quadplane: force conversions of Q_M_PMW_* params if invalid by IamPete1 · Pull Request #20892 · ArduPilot/ardupilot · GitHub
- Plane: Quadplane: force conversions of Q_M_PMW_* params if invalid
- Potential backport
- People are still having troubles…
UTC0003 - AP_Motors: Resolve Issue 20894 by muramura · Pull Request #20900 · ArduPilot/ardupilot · GitHub
UTC0004 - CAN: Support DroneCAN EFI periph node and driver by tridge · Pull Request #20901 · ArduPilot/ardupilot · GitHub
- Uart to CAN
- CAN: Support DroneCAN EFI periph node and driver
- Very, very redundant aircraft are now possible…
- Redundant motor layers, redundant EFIs, redundant ICE, ….
- nread thing?
- Peter will review after call
UTC0019 - Support high numbered ESCs in ESC telemetry by tridge · Pull Request #20918 · ArduPilot/ardupilot · GitHub
- More esc telemetry messages
- Fixes rotation issue getting mavlink messages out
- External tools one ESCs 1 to 8?!
- We rejected Tom’s PR to do the shifting
- Odd that we burn autopilot bytes wit the remapping
- We’ve had multiple requests to do this by end users
- Parameters for esc telem
- Cp command has changed under Windows, breaking cygwin
- If you cp arduplane to arduplane.elf it used to add a .exe helpfully
- Upgrade, Windows no longer does that
UTC0033 - Tools: cope with change in cygwin build by tridge · Pull Request #20926 · ArduPilot/ardupilot · GitHub
UTC0037 - Plane update
- Almost time for 4.2.2
- Many pending
- Lots of bugfixes
- Probably dual harmonic notch will go in
- Jaaky raised some questions around it
- Arming-require-zero is an issue but already in 4.2.1
- Possible beta this week
- Replay fix to go in
- Probably not the ringbuffer implementation just yet
- High-rate GPS issues?
- What happens with the two different buffer implementations
- Q_navalt_min might come in
- Dynamically allocated pool size?
- CubeBlack/PH1 and CAN?
- Memory problems
- Terrain wasn’t initialising
- Arming failure on Copter
- CAN memory use changed
- malloc/free used to be used on every packet
- Now we pre-allocate a packet
- Because failure to allocate at runtime would be bad
- Using pool allocator
- 8kB per bus on Black
- This is in master
- Should we bring it back into stable?
- New memory allocator…
- Some better internal protection
- Probably need a Wiki page on how to save RAM
- Symptoms and fixes
- E.g. terrain, ftp, logging
- This would add another knob
- Can actually go very, very low on these numbers
- Should it go into stable?
- Stable Aug 5?
- Worth deferring?
UTC0037 - Copter +Rover update
- 4.2.1 stable is on its way out
- 4.2.2 will follow along with Plane
- No pressing issues
- Andy’s got a few like d-shot LEDs
- The crsf issue test out the new crash dump stuff which worked very, very well
- PR to save the crash dump to SD card on boot
- Parsing bug / off-by-one bug
UTC0055 - GSoC update
- Still in bonding period
- Two students have already started
- Two students still need to get engaged
- Rishabh and PH’s students….
- Hardware requests inbound
UTC0056 - nokov optical tracking issue
UTC0003 - predicted motor failure message from lua
- Worked well…
- Warning went away after a while?
- Would be nice to set the motor fail bit from LUA
- But repeating the statustext would be much easier
- Having lua script stomp over the state of the vehicle and not know where stuff comes from is a little interesting…
UTC0103 - close