Attendee count (max): 19
UTC2301 - GSoC update
- P Hall
- Kalman Filter stuff is working and matrix/template stuff worked out
- Outputs look sane
- Working in a mathematical sense
- Needs tuning for flight
- Lift coefficients
- Gets an answer but it is hard to say if we have the right answer
- PR coming
- Blog post coming
- Next step is a prediction of endurance of the aircraft
- Controlled simulation system should be able to give you the relevant expected output?
- Training data is the same as test data?
- Use different flight speeds to mix things up
- Turn off unlimited battery!
- On sailboats it would be nice to use this for navigation
- Akshath and MAVProxy
- Gtk / Wx issues under Linux causing issues
- Great progress!
UTC2314 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/11742
- Need to check Michael’s issue
UTC2319 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/11735
- Need to make sure this fixes the issue it is claimed to
UTC2323 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/11725
- Original author hasn’t gotten back
UTC2325 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/11722
UTC2326 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/11672
- Unrelated: Calling singletons from interrupt handlers is bad if the singleton can do memory allocation
- This is not our singleton pattern!
- Generally true of memory allocations in interrupt handlers
- Caught by using the --enable-asserts option
- ./waf configure --board xxx --debug --enable-asserts
- Could add a sanity check that we don’t call memory allocation in new and malloc
- Header cleanup will be done as another PR
UTC2332 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/11671
- Object avoidance
- Testing showed load was minimal
- Array-new and array-delete
- Need to make sure new is deleted and malloc is free’d
UTC2334 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/11669
- Will check binaries are the same
UTC2341 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/11623
- Default of 200?
- Tridge is dubious on having a parameter
- Transmitters can debounce switches
- Tridge thinks he might have a preference for the counter
- Moving switches between positions
- 1/3rd of a second too long?
- Rob says he lost a vehicle because of this 1/3rd of a second
- Resolution: no parameter, just a #define
UTC2348 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/11482
- Read-only by name?
- Hard-limit on distance travelled (250km) is South Africa
- Apj-tool to append a set of read-only parameters by name?
- Will defer until after call tomorrow
- Indian legislation
- Extreme case to protect
- Same ability to update firmware as manufacturer has
- So a fixed firmware
- To meet GPL requirements
- Cube with certified version of firmware
- Would have to swap the Cubes to update firmware
- Remove USB connector enough?
- Would need a jtag connector to update
- Hot-patching code to remove restrictions is doable
- E.g. DJI with stayout zones
- With a ublox?
- Hack hardware so that attiny between ublox and main flight controller to change the apparent coordinates the FC sees
- Always possible for end-user to bypass
- Replace stm32 if required!
- Not enough information on the legislation in any of the countries to work this out
- “What is enough?”
- Rob thinks “best effort” is enough
UTC2358 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/10433
- Needs Randy
- Treat guided-nogps like guided
UTC2359 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/10178
- Allocating two baros would be nice into the future
UTC0001 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/7215
- Tom added devcall
- No Tom
- Hold-up is Paul wants a different API inside EKF used for it
- Redux 0008 due to Tom returning
- Needs rebase
- Needs to address Paul’s comments
- Can be tested in SITL
- Should be tested on real hardware
- This PR isn’t for dual-GPS
- Some GPS types can provide yaw with a single GPS
- E.g. Hemisphere GPS
- E.g. some Septentrinos
- Does not do multi-gps yaw
UTC0002 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/11720
- Going into stable betas
- Don’t usually put changes like this into stable
- Issue in April with failing IMUs has not been fully addressed before these patches
- Believed to be fully addressed as it can be afterwards
- Doesn’t work on current accel or rate, the work on delta-angles and delta-ts
- When IMU comes back it could have an accumulated delta-time and delta-accels much larger than normal (as in 3 orders of magnitude)
- EKF’s attitude would change by 90 degrees
- Flown by several people
- We were losing IMU samples frequently under high load
- Smoother flights under heavy load
UTC0008 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/11676
- Flying absolute altitude missions? Definitely want to run these patches
- Could end up with >100m altitude error
- Continuous height-datum while disarmed issue
- Nasty bug
- Related to EKF origin drifting
- To poor values
- 120m of height drift has been seen
UTC0015 - Plane update
- Betas went out yesterday
- Flight logs and results would be good!
- Please test!
- Plane 3.9.9 release
- EKF using earth’s magnetic field model?
- Discussed previously
- 6 numbers to learn
- Earth’s magnetic field and offsets
- Declination was used for the earth’s magnetic field
- It sometimes diverged and it stopped using the compass
- Hovering without compass for long enough you will lose yaw and get a fly-away
- Planes can recover using fly-forward assumption
- Lots of logs showing it diverging
- We now constrain divergence using world-magnetic model
- Can learn offsets in-flight much more quickly, too!
- Lying about your location (e.g. with a mavlink GPS) will be a very bad idea
UTC0020 - close