Attendee count (max): 20
- Support for getting the HIGH_LATENCY2 message
- Ground station support?
- PR against MAVProxy to support this ATM
- QGC already supports it
- Several minor things to fix
- Stephen is planning on working on the actual high-latency protocol next
- What messages?
- Only thing the UAV would send would be the high-latency message
- Ground control station would rate-limit things up
- Iridium SBD modem
- Incorporate command-ack into high_latency2
- Not really doing commands over the link so probably not worth it
- Packetize response with the high_latency2 message?
- So coalesce messages in the buffer and only send when bytes over a threshold
- Or a timing threshold expires
- What does the framing?
- Depends on connection to modem
- Modems have configuration
- CC on other end of link can do heavy lifting
- Connecting to the modem is what we should be aiming for
UTC2321 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/17521
UTC2321 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/17569
- Fix DJI temp and RPM
- Brief(?) diversion into SCurve navigation internal error
- We should consider building with debug symbols
- And get the dumpstacks
- Effects of this?
- Maybe just sit there and do nothing?
- Dying in SITL is bad?
- Can’t see what the vehicle would have done?
UTC2350 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/17908
- remove GPS status check for camera trigger
- We shouldn’t be asking the GPS in here
- EKF’s Absolute horizontal position instead?
- Tridge thinks we should continue to take pictures as does Randy
- Add a “valid” field?
- We would lose the instantaneous feedback to the GCS if we continued to take photos when we don’t have a good location
- Parameter for min gps status for taking a photo?
UTC0007 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/17918
- Ability to compile out deep-stall landing
- Can be merged once the comments have been fixed
UTC0009 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/17929
- LEDs on -bdshot matekf405
UTC0010 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/issues/17937
- Testing yaw control on tradheli is a problem because we’re zeroing yaw on the ground
- Remove FF?
- Significant yaw angle error on ground can crash vehicles, thus the current code
- Leonard is thinking can do this when spin-armed or when disarmed
- FF is very small on Copter’s - mostly it is P gain
- Is the problem in pilot input or deeper?
- Ignore yaw input after rudder-arming until it is centered?
- Added to 4.1 list
- Probably affects tilt-vectored
UTC0011 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/issues/17885
- Low throttle stick on qloiter inhibits yaw control
- Dead-zone of lowest throttle means you don’t get any yaw control
- Don’t want to yaw on ground….
- Maybe look at descent rate
- Lift on hill can actually cause same problem on multis
- And helis
- Very common in quadplanes, however
- Tailsitters yawing on ground is really bad
- Maybe document qloiter to get yaw you need >0 throttle
- A patch to check descent rate is coming
UTC0039 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/issues/15941
- Plane beta3 is out now!
- In-sync with Copter
- Probably only minor fixes for now
- Logging with forced arm fixed
- D-shot and motor test fixed
- D-shot buzzer was enabled by default
- Tridge has turned it off by default
- So no tones from motors
- D-term issues with new filters
- Default values backed out to older more conservative values
UTC0048 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/issues/16478
- Some good testing going on
- Beta5 was a big release fixing a lot of issues
- Some new issues
- Guided mode update to go in
- Heli rudder issue
- Runcam split 4 start/stop not working
- Some oscillations when using GPS for alt
- EKF alt going up and down when on table
- GPS_DELAY_MS wrong, perhaps?
- Reports of I2c lidars not working on CubeOrange when CAN GPSs used
- Irlock connected over i2c makes uavcan GPSs LED flash in its patterns
- Maybe GPS PPS?
- Maybe rapid brownouts on the flightcontroller
- Similar to the tick-tick-tick from flight controllers?
- Violating USB spec and drawing too much power
- More of a “tut-tut-tut” – tridge
UTC0059 - Rover update
- GPS-for-yaw still an issue
UTC0059 - GSoC update
- Firmware builder is delayed by covid ATM
- Arsh is having some waf issues
- Will meet after call to discuss
- Rishabh is doing well with the precision landing
- Bunch of PRs created
- Refactoring was merged
- No functional change
- Working on precland retry next
- If it loses target it will climb back up again to try to regain target
UTC0102 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/17938/files
- Want to move Copter’s code up rather than this