Attendee count (max): 20
UTC1100 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/14777
- Static casts for access to rc binding and returns
- No MdB again
- Needs a rebase
- Can be merged after it is rebased
UTC1104 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/14423
- Configurable rates on gryo backends
- Parameter for selecting gyro rates
- Use an absolute value rather than using an enumeration?
- Round down?
- Banner will tell the user the actual rates
- MPU6000 will be able to do 8kHz gyros
- Smoother flights on all of the older boards?!
- Apparently betaflight users think the MPU6000 is good at gyros…
- and don’t care about accels so much
- Some crappy stray debug
- Can be merged after debug is removed
- Needs wiki label added
UTC1107 - server mute
- Persistent setting on Discord
- Careful about using it as users will stay muted until it is removed
UTC1108 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/14894
- Where does the applets directory go?
- Separate repo or subdirectory
- Autotest would be easier with subdirectory
- Smartaudio would be first entry
- Makes use of both params and rc channels
- Can be merged after CI passes
- Threshold for getting applets in?
- Working, tested, documented sufficient?
- There’s a README.md
- Need to work out how people might include them….
- Downloading from github can be problematic
- Firmware server?
- Versioning is going to be interesting
- Expose version to script and have it check?
UTC1114 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/14843
- Do we really need the two constrains (MIN and constrain)?
- What are the units of slew rate?
- Integer maths?
- Original purpose of the MAX was to ensure throttle was a little bit
- Throttle wasn’t quite getting to zero
- What’s the range of the return value?!
- -1000 to 1000?
- -1 t o1?
- -100 to 100?
- Low slewrate you end up rounding down to nearest integer -> 0.5 it never changes
- This is so throttle can move by at least 1% per loop
- If you run at 400Hz you will get a different answer
- We should be able to remove the MIN(…)
- We’re doing floats in here should be OK, not needing the “have to be able to change in the face of integer changes)
UTC1129 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/14671
- Addressed 2 weeks ago
- Mark made required changes
- Not a quick one to review
- Tridge will need to chat with Mark on this one to discuss testing
UTC1134 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/14634
- Included in stable release already
- Henry has tested it
- Peter will read through it today and merge it if he doesn’t see anything wrong with it
UTC1136 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/12487
- Can be merged after CI passes
UTC1139 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/issues/14460
- New Plane beta
- Uavacan compass swapping went in
- Sensor fixes
- Fixed vtol missions in quadplane
- Only specially shaped missions would suffer
- Auto mission in pure vtol mode, for example
- GSF coming in 4.1
- GSF in planes with no compass works surprisingly well
- Initial yaw from groundstation…
- How is that conveyed?
- Maybe one of the visual position estimate messages?
- Takeoff platform can tell vehicle what vehicle orientation is
- Providing a full pose can help with setting accel offsets
- A little movement tells vehicle which direction the vehicle is going in
UTC1147 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/14858
- Another scripting example
UTC1148 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/issues/12547
- New Beta will come out today
- Tridge couldn’t fault the new compass stuff from Sid
- New compass stuff is complicated
- Would be nice if we could find some simplifications
- UI is elaborate in MP
- What about QGC?
- What about MAVProxy?
- Big numbers, inconvenient to set
- Tridge has managed it using MAVProxy
- Not intuitive without UI
- HereLink patches for it?
- Are patches being fed back up?
- Randy will ping Don to see if there’s a possibility for a GUI
UTC1151 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/issues/12509
UTC1152 - GSoC
- Rishabh is doing really well with avoidance
- Walking robots using LUA scripts, very cool
- Oscillation detection from MATLab
- Cuts gains down automatically
- Works well in SITL…
- Push gains up until oscillates, then back them down
- Then move to proper autotune
- Could be good for quadplanes
- Normal autotune is too slow
- No battery for it, even for single axis
- Based on PID Info object so general applicable
- If anybody has ideas on tuning FF, please poke PH
- Get into a constant rate, look at steady state then you can calculate the ff state from that and what you’re feeding into maintain that steady state
- Like the way autotrim works?
- Tradhelis are rate-command, multis are acceleration-based
- Feed-forward d-term
- Constant acceleration => steady state
- Need to make FF an axis
- Don’t tie to vehicle type
- Constant offset in multicopter gives constant acceleration
- Tailsitters some axes need FF, some don’t
- “Does this axis need FF?”
- If FF starts at zero then don’t use FF
- PH is currently using a bitmask
- Mixer really ought to know
- TVBS quadplane roll axis is like quadrotor
- Pitch axis is more like a heli
- It’s a vane
- Same with yaw
- Method on the mixer to ask if an axis is FF?
- Or set things up at init
- Or like tricopter with the servo
- Trigger this with a switch?
- Per axis?
- Quadplane transmitter tune-like
- Have this active all the time?
- Oscillations can start in flight
- Octaquad with motor failure might lead to oscillation?
- Send this out as “makes no changes” initially?
- Could do wonders for quadplanes in transition
- Currently this works on gross oscillations, might not work for finer stuff
- Second evaluation due RSN!
UTC0005 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/14915
UTC0009 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/14916
- Expose and log the synthetic airspeed
- Rename the variable _last_airspeed -> _last_synthetic_airspeed
UTC0018 - European devcall
- 0700 UTC
- 5pm Canberra time
- 30-ish hours
UTC0022 - close