Attendee count (max): 23
UTC1100 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/14865
- Fix OSD aspect ratios
- Code by Pete, based on excellent report by @FasaArg
- Couple of trivial coding things to fix up
- Can be merged after these are addressed
UTC1102 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/14777
- Waiting for MdB to look at this one
UTC1104 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/SITL_Models/pull/15
- Nice structure!
- Remove spaces from directory names
- Henry has exercised the models to ensure all of the actuators work on the models
- README in each directory
- Also appears in the realflight description of the model
- Henry would like someone to go through the models and check the instructions
- Boat physics in realflight aren’t great
UTC1110 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/14856
- Log accumulated flags - any power bit ever set
UTC1112 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/14854
- Do size checking for each packet sent rather than individual ones
UTC1114 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/14847
- Device ids for barometers so you know what you have
- Currently hard to tell which baro is which
- MAVProxy already patched
- MissionPlanner will need a patch to show them nicely
- Doesn’t persist them
- No persistent calibration for baros
UTC1119 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/14835
- Pass parameters as parameters rather than in state
- Need to get Paul’s input on this
- Looks good to Randy tridge and Peter
UTC1130 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/14820
- Account for big lag on input data
- Google Cartographer as a ~250ms delay, maybe longer
- Max delay was way too short
UTC1131 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/14815
- Convert to use RXc_OPTION
- AP_Int8 on stack is weird but same pattern as elsewhere
- Autotest slightly stuffed up
UTC1137 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/14800
- Consistent messages
- You get messages if you don’t even have an airspeed senors
- Want a similar PR for airspeeds sensor devids as tridge did for Baro
- Devids on rangefinders?
- Something weird with airspeed sensors on matekf405
UTC1144 - prearm throttle check enable by default
- MdB still has a problem with using is_flying
- Rearming in the air isn’t possible without this?
- Notify flags should not be used as a data bus!
- Will be removed entirely as is_flying wasn’t really required
- Post-watchdog-reset still needs to be able to force-arm the vehicle
UTC1150 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/12303
- Change from mbar to hectopascal
- Mavlink can catch up
- Do people use hectopascal in real life?
- SI say so
- Common usage is no
- Inches-of-mercury in US….
- Apparently HPa in Australia
- CASA is HPa
- [9:55 AM] HughStimson: Glider pilots in australia use hPa
- Henry’s got some work to do on the Wiki?
UTC1156 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot_wiki/pull/2859
- Killing Concrete5 in the Wiki
- Example replacement page:
- Blogs section will stay
- Create something in Python to run on the server
- Generates HTML + images put in subdirectory on server and loaded as part of the page
- Concrete5 does stuff client-side
- Good po
- Separate repo?
- Doing stuff via sphinx could be a pain
- Or a directory in ardupilot_wiki
- Easy to mess things up with Concrete5
UTC0005 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/issues/14460
- Compass changes holding this up
- Some feedback from the forums on how it’s working on the forums
- Warnings on MissionPlanner might be sufficient?
- Current proposed PR https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/14776/files is not receiving a warm welcome
- Smaller change coming which will only apply to CAN compasses
- Swap i2c compass you can’t tell it has changed and can easily run with offsets from different compass
- CAN you can tell it has changed
- Serial number determines CAN node ID
- New PR coming
- We could also do a final beta now and maybe have a new PR later
- After hitting reset you’d need to reboot then calibrate
UTC0012 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/issues/12547
- 4.0.4rc3 will go out soon
- EKF instability from NeoPixel
- Lsm issues to look at
UTC0013 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/issues/12509
- Nothing to report on Rover
UTC0013 - Stop using gitter and use Discord/
- Less and less happening over there?
- Get conversations in one place
- 2,100 members of gitte!
- Total users in Discord == 420
- Why doubling up of users?
- Logging in from new device seems to do it
- Randy is in once as a DevTeam member, once not
- Discord’s been a better system for us
- Make the move?
- Put a link on every gitter channel pointing towards Discord
- Maybe shutter it in a few weeks
- Gitter you need a github ID
- Discord not so much
- Discord zero barrier ATM?
- Run a bot on Discord?
- Integrate with forum?
- Nobody knows how to do that….
UTC0020 - User alerts
- Repo has been created
- Wiki PR coming soon
- Data files will be pulled in from new repo by Sphinx
- MissionPlanner patches would be great….
UTC0022 - GSoC update
- Need some flight testing
- Close to merge
- Don’t want too many lane switches
- Should improve robustness on sensor failure
- Particularly if you enable the affinity code
- Dual airspeed means one lane uses one, the other uses the other
- So water droplets might cause you to switch to other lane
- Really bad compass can cause both lanes to diverge before a compass is switched
- Affinity means different cores can use different compasses
- 1st lane gets 1st compass, 1st baro, …
- Lane-switching based on innovations rather than drivers dying
- How does this work with source-selection?
- Keep it EKF3 only?
Rishadh is doing well on object avoidance for Rover and Copter
- New video with 1D lidar - hesitancy fixed
- Reliably drives around people
Walking robots coming along
- Hopefully get a PR and video this week
- LUA for motors layer
- Get_control_outputs method in lua scripts
- high-level -roll command, throttle-command, pitch commands
Streaming stuff from matlab to ardupilot for debugging
- developing ability to find PID oscillations in MATLAB
- JSON input is coming along nicely, and other people are using it
- Need lots and lots of documentation so others can use it!
- Matlab is universal-ish
- Simulink is version dependent
- Can save an older version but PH can’t test it
UTC0035 - GCS loss of link
- AP_Int8 value for waypoint to go to which is not great….
- We have a method to change the type
- Call method in initialisation of class
- Widening twice might work if you make two calls…
UTC0038 - How do we do ethernet?
- Big discussion….
- Start small
- Serial port ethernet
- serial7/serial6 second USB
- If you have an ethernet in the hwdef then
- Declare number of virtual uarts
- Mavlink UDP will be main use?
- Or dynamically create parameter tables?
- How about SocketAPM?
- Like in AP_HAL_Linux?
- Might not be a good fit
- Might make packetisation easier?
- Packetisation could be done with existing mavlink hooks
- NucleoH7 Sun47 H743ZI
- Make an example?
UTC0050 - some private hooks with update and init?
- Own parameter space and whatnot would avoid conflicts
- LUA is really fast
- Move user hooks up to AP_Vehicle?
- Bit unfortunate
- Would prefer people to use LUA scripts
- Remove the user-hook stuff from Copter?
- Everything we put in we have to maintain….
- No eagerness for this rebase-proof approach - use LUA instead
UTC0103 - pymavlink PR might help with releases
- Random pymavlink PRs should be looked at
UTC0106 - close