Attendee count (max): 24
UTC1103 - resuming missions
- Tridge is concerned by the complexity of some of the logic
- Particularly jumping to negative values
- GCS setting waypoint number for example
- Partial updates of missions should clear history
- Simplifications needed on the edge cases; doing without them
UTC1122 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/13178
- AP_Logger block fixes
- Andy is pretty much looking after the block backend now
- Can be tested in SITL
UTC1124 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/13169
- Fixinf gyro sample rate and gyro time
- [10:26 AM] (Channel) Craig.Elder: It makes the SITL sensors behave much more like real sensors by creating a separate instance for each gyro/accel pair. With this I can write a perfect FFT test for my FFT PR, without it it breaks all sorts of assumption in the INS backend code. The code is also simpler done this way. (it does not create a thread which I know tridge didn’t want).
- It fixes the SIM_VIB_FREQ simulation to use a consistent time period, without which you get all sorts of random harmonics in an FFT
- It stops the backend rate being set to the sensor rate. None of our real sensors do this and doing it again breaks assumptions in various places. You can still do sensor rate logging because we simulate that correctly now.
UTC1128 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/issues/13257
- More nacks required
- Someone needs to do a PR
UTC1130 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/13248
- What’s the cost of taking a semaphore?
- We should probably cache the groundspeed vector
UTC1136 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/13245
- Reduce the number of places we do snprintf
UTC1139 - blheli stop spinning if connection lost
UTC1140 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/13238
UTC0005 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/13214
- Maybe add a -Wno-error as these can be annoying
UTC0012 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/13213
- Allows scripts to get mode numbers
- We can currently set but not get
- Dev Call Jan 13, 2020 2300 UTC
- Need a copter.loiter, plane.qloiter map to a mode number within scripting
UTC0016 - [11:17 AM] (Channel) Michael_duBreuil: this one I was saying you shouldnt work around
UTC0023 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/13207
- Adding support for uart drivers
- 32-bit uints are a pain
- Needs running under Valgrind
- Some discussion of GPL an dthe script layer
- Proprietary scripts
- Significant downsides
- People may have done open scripts if they had no choice
UTC0031 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/13195
- Peter needs some help on this one
- Tridge tried to use this one for the frsky thing but that didn’t work out
- Objectarray vs objectbuffer
- Recursive semaphores will probably fix the problem
- Making all our semaphores recursive might be a good idea
- Need to measure with_semahore….
UTC0032 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/13190
UTC0039 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/13177
- Peter Hall’s 16-bit servo channel functions
- Converting between parameter types becomes very, very easy
- This removes all the conversion code for the servo/rc channel split
- Won’t be able to upgrade from ancient versions of the code
- Sunset things that are 2 versions ago?
- 3.4, 3.5, 3.6, 4.0 4.1 -> won’t be able to go straight from 3.4 to 4.1
- Other conversion code to delete?
- Can get rid of the this-> stuff
UTC0045 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/13143
- Rename to heli autorotation
- Probably need to differentiate the two lists as things like Flip are also not available for helicopters
UTC0048 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/13118
- Heap size issues?
- The uart thing will fix it
- Could being chibios allocator into SITL
- MdB will continue to review this one
UTC0052 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/13045
UTC0100 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/issues/12842
- Peter to close and tag Tom on it
- Support request
UTC0100 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/12790
- GCS failsafe sounds and lights
- Seems sensible to tridge
- Arming-check-gcs bit not used?
- Could remove that
- “Don’t arm without GCS present” seems reasonable
UTC0102 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/issues/12562
- Would need to be an option
- Failsafe on ground of the GCS doesn’t come up quickly
- Watchdog reboots?
- MdB operates in a “must have GCS around” mode
- Tridge is sympatehetic
- How to choose the behaviour?
- Another bitmask somewhere?
- New flight options bit
- Quick code change, slow test time….
- Implementation decided upon, just need to get a PR in….
UTC0114 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/12536
- AC_Avoid report fence mitigation
- Report through mavlink
- Plane side?
- Three-step process for mavlink-related PRs
- Another couple of steps for this one…
UTC0124 - Plane update
- Plane 4.0 release
- New beta for the frsky bug
- One Copter crash
- Several users reported “oh yes, I saw reboots on the bench” - AFTER we announced the fix, which is less useful than it could be…
- Two sets of logs of people flying this beta
- Resync release soon after this one
UTC0126 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/issues/12547
- New official version to fix the frsky thing out later today
- Critical fix
- Told people what they needed to do etc
- Better handling this time?
- Kakute f7 not working with flow sensor
- Inconsistent cores?
- Bmp280 not working
- Neopixel may only work on some PWM outputs but not others
- There’s also a pair of parameters to go in
- Too hard to configure
- BRD_PWM_COUNT removal
- Added for NuttX but not strictly enforced
- Could have an output channel with both pwm and gpio
- Prearm check or a hal->claim_pin() method?
UTC0137 - Close