Attendee count (max): 22
UTC1100 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/16257
- General agreement that moving things into libraries is a good idea
- Can be merged when Peter’s tested the parameter metadata output
UTC1107 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/16288
- Moving messages definitions into AP_AHRS
- Want CAN GUI tools to pull documentation stuff
UTC1115 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/16279
- What frame should be used for AVD_F_ALT_MIN parameter?
- Is ADSB avoidance safe for use for Copters?
- Should clarify the parameters is AMSL not relative
- Can’t change the meaning of a parameter like this as existing users may be using existing behaviour
- Different flight levels mean different standards
- QNH for moderate flight levels
- If people want the flexibility of using relative then it can be added later
- We have a similar parameter for RTL_ALT_FRAME
UTC1120 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/16271
UTC1122 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/16271
- “DCM” vs “EKF0” text fix
UTC1123 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/16251/files
- In RC failsafe have mount go to neutral position (or retract)
- Randy’s not a huge fan of the name
- Change parameter name
- Parameter name and internal variable name
- Can be merged once Peter’s happy
- Make it pure virtual?
- Try it and see what breaks
UTC1127 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/16243
- PRIu64 etc etc causing issues
- People find them hard to read
- KDEcan isn’t working right now?
- Tom’s shipped a device to Sid to sort it…
UTC1139 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/16238
- Tidies rudder arming
- Randy to review and merge when he’s happy
UTC1142 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/16197
UTC1144 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/16172
- Sid’s checked this was good with dirdiff across the output to the script
- Configure-all and then dirdiff
UTC1145 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/16056
- Ftp upload of parameters?
- Still no FTP download of parameters on FTP?
- Wider problem with crossfire, this will help
- James is working withthe crossfire people on the problems
UTC1149 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/15996
- Solo roll control
- Needs a quick code review now?
- Need to get Buzz or Matt or someone to test it instead
- Simulator may not simulate roll
UTC1151 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/15927
- Correcting pin initialisation for some ESCs
- ESCs getting confused?
- Not initialising
- Do we need to do this elsewhere?
- Bootloader not rebuilt as part of this PR?
- Commit message needs help
- Tridge will work on this a bit
- Others may have seen this…
- Tom’s doing inheritance for board and bootloader to avoid duplication
- Reset state of microntroller might still stuff things
- PhilipK is adding an enable pin with a hold-down to avoid motor spin on boot
- Tridge will merge after testing
UTC0001 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/15907
- Don’t have to init the submodules on checkout
- Peter to test
- We have a configure option to not play with submodules
UTC0004 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/15705
- Subclasses for heli autotune
- Statistical test on Callisto
- Consistent results except D term in pitch axis
- Tried to keep this working as it was when it was one library
- Randy will look at this
UTC0009 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/issues/13134
- More parameter reset issues
- PX4 project is also getting parameter resets on CubeOrange
- H7-based rather than specific to Orange, probably
- We now have a set of backup parameter things!
- Thanks Giacomo!
- Tricky to analyze
- Copter 4.0 has the logging of the last 100
- Much better chance of getting data around it
UTC0016 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/pymavlink/pull/490
- Fixed compilation error due to macro conflicts
UTC0017 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/16259
- Home vs origin for offsets?
- Reinterpreting a bit in everyone’s storage?
- Tridge is worried we might consider already-stored missions as local
- We need to test missions which have been stored with older versions of the code
- Especially if crosstrack is set
- Needs to be tested in both STIL and on stm32 and on linux boards
- Throw away current method of storing items and put them into a flexible structure would be nice
- Need a partner to sponsor that one
- Maybe just on very-large-memory boards
- A valid PR we would like to support, but this needs much more testing
UTC0035 - Plane updates
- beta is out 4.0.8 beta 1
- Thanks to Elizabeth for flying the beta on the weekend
- Tiny, tiny change, will go out soonish
- Any problems on the Copter beta would also apply
- Which is likely to go out soon
UTC0038 - Copter updates
- EK3 still initialising fix still required
- Still waiting on Paul for that one
- S-curve stuff actively being worked on
- Spline curves working in a separate branch
- Calculator can come up with pos/vel/acc at each point on the path
- Old calculator only did position
- Needs to provide other data
- Maybe 30%-50% of the way there
- Tridge found a bug in the low-pass filter code which might be relevant
- Filter was initialising from zero
- Still poking away at 3D object avoidance
- May still make its way into 4.1
UTC0045 - Rover
- Pixhawk4 not working on Rover release ATM?
UTC0047 - need Wiki for VectorNAV
- Warning it will only work on Plane and Rover because @50Hz
UTC0048 - autotune busted on a Hexa?
- Turns out position-hold feature in autotune lead to a bad tune
- Twitch twice in same direction enhancement to try to speed it up…
- Can gain a chunk of speed then bounces against the circle and rotates
- [11:49 AM] Peter Hall: You have to also turn off the rate target filters on 4.0
- Need to contain the speeds we reach with the double-twitch
UTC0052 - close