Attendee count (max): 25
UTC1100 - welcome to MikeDornisch from partner BFD Systems
UTC1101 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/13457
- Difference between Copter and Plane
- Bad AHRS from the beginning
- Randy gets too many support questions
- Users get scared by “Bad AHRS”
- Plane requires GPS etc
- AHRS is not bad just because we don’t have GPS?
- EKF could also be your secondary estimator
- “Fit for purpose”
- E.g. if you require position and don’t have it you would be bad, but if you flick to stabilise you go good
- Fence enable requires a position estimate?
- “Bad AHRS” when you have a fence but no position?
- Add flag to status report for ekf is initialising?
- AHRS doesn’t have to include position
- Randy thinks it shouldn’t
- Have AHRS only handle attitude
- no-GPS-navigation for Plane?
- Long-term thing to do this in Plane e.g. stabilize mode
- [10:29 AM] (Channel) JamesPattison: As I said above: tell users what to do, not what is happening
- PH could ask MO to act differently if the EKF is still initialising as reported by the status report
- If in const pos mode and disarmed then lie about the EKF, say “still waiting” or whatever
- How about leaving the vehicle in “initialising” until the EKF is using the GPS?
- PH will work with MO to get some GCS changes in
UTC1128 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/13241
- Be more informative in the case of blheli tests failures
- Tell the user via statustext
UTC1138 - Orange Cube 4.0 and BLH passthrough
- Blheli passthrough not working on Cube Orange?
- Peter Hall will test it tomorrow
UTC1139 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/13195
- Thread-safe object buffer for param save
- Was using a rather large amount of flash
- Copy-and-paste job on existing function but now with a semaphore
- Code in cpp file rather than the header?
- Lock at bytebuffer layer?
- Can go in the cpp file then
- Putting code in the .cpp file might be a better solution here
- Put semaphore into the cpp file?
- Seen this before in matrix and vector and whatnot
- Semaphores on f103 were a pain
- Semaphore on RC input channels was nasty
- 72MHz M3
- PH will try moving stuff to cpp file
UTC1148 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/13155
UTC1151 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/13065
- DO_LAND_START failsafe stuff
- In_landing_sequence flag
- Set when we cross a do_land_start
- Whenever jump-to-landing-sequence is called it is set true
- … and another instance in Plane
- Any jump or set wp will zero the flag
- Mission option bit used
- Should be quite safe as there are few places that need to reset the flag
- Rtl shifting to auto goes through resume which can’t reset the flag….
- MdB points out that it’s not necessarily that case
- Could merge this between calls
UTC0011 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/issues/13459
- Bad GPS health to aggressive
- Nate thinks it is too aggressive; MdB does not
- 245ms interval bad == 4Hz is bad
- Missing a single thing can spit out the message
- [11:15 AM] (Channel) JW: @MdB how long till the message then goes away once it has been flagged?
- Multi-constellation timings can move around a lot
- But vendor that was sending things out configured for triple-constellation stopped doing that over a year ago
- Need to get a log where we’re getting the problem three times/hour
- Can simulate this - byte loss on serial line
- Maybe add something where you need this 2 in 30 seconds?
- Need to make sure we don’t paper over a bug with this
- Autoconfigure forces 115200
- Non-dma high bitrates you can lose bytes…
- Comment adding requesting log
UTC0019 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/issues/13445
- Can’t see the rc version
- Peter will have a bit of a play with adding the extra information in the fields
UTC0030 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/13436
UTC0033 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/13403
- Closed as not adding anything while destroying history
UTC0037 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/13399
- Can be merged after flight test
UTC0047 - change neopixel leds
UTC0049 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/12629
UTC0050 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/12482
- Switch to OF if GPS is bad
- If you disable completely it will go OF
- When does it switch?
- Need it for EKF3 as well
- Bitwise & for flow-use-nav
- Needs to use ==
UTC0056 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/13450
- Can be merged after the typo is fixed
UTC0058 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/13444
- Current_loc.alt should always be above-home in Copter
- Can cause a descent in RTL
- API is confusing
- Needs to be clearer on the frame
- So a frame-in and frame-out where frame-out is what it should be stored in
- Change should have been tested more
- We should think about our APIs
- … and look at where we are using magic 0 altitudes and considering altitude frame types
UTC0116 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/13409
- Users struggling setting up d-shot
- So emit some more information
- Will be merged
UTC0120 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/pull/12536
UTC0130 - SCRIPTING repl
- Lossy output OK?
- Command to reload scripts enough?
- Having REPL might allow you to remove devop
- [12:29 PM] (Channel) RM: I wonder if developers might start using it as a replacement to mavlink commands
- REPL protocol
- Need reliable over a telemetry radios
- Maintains interpreter state
- Reuse serial_control and add a reliability bit?
- 70 byte packets are annoying
- Currently reliability happens at a higher level
- Need to see a PR
- [12:36 PM] (Channel) db: … but is fixing serial_control too much work to make it out of scope for this?
- [12:37 PM] (Channel) db: maybe once mdb’s protocol goes in as a reliable link, it might be that serial_control and it can be merged by a future fix.
- Reliable both-ways
UTC0140 - Plane update
- Next beta will be a resync with Copter
- Spektrum receivers not working on Pixracer
- Also in RC copter
- Probably not working on other boards, too
UTC0141 - Copter update
Several issues coming up for Copter
- RTL incorrect altitude thing
- Spektrum thing
- Mavlink gimbal limits not applied
- Four more regressions listed there
- Sparky2 uavcan
Mini-pix current sensing not working
- 4.0.2dev works but not on 4.0.1
- Hw def change?
Uavcan escs - motors spinning when disarmed
- Probably the 1000-2000 limit assumption isn’t valid
- Rc3 min/max thing again?
Rc4 is coming
UTC0150 - https://github.com/ArduPilot/ardupilot/issues/12509
- Some nice changes coming in for failsafes
- 4.1 Rover is a little ways off