Removed create() methods
apj_tool now in master
funding team activity
Luis nominates Mark Whitehorn for Contribution of the month - kd0aij
Tom working with Eugene on CANUAV
Attendee count (max): 22
UTC23:01 - Randy and Copter
Requests for new releases to resolve remaining compass issues
Compass orientation wrong orientation issue on HERE
Two versions of the HERE
Configuration required at the moment
Can’t break existing users
Can add arguments to constructors
But existing users will have to change their parameters
Can get away with this this early, so that’s what we’ll do
Nobody in dev team got the hardware
Not noticing compass orientation is a problem
Fresh release will be required to fix it
People attempted to muddle through and decided it was OK for users to specify an orientation, which isn’t good
Will also include apjtool in the stable release
Aero changes broke defaults.parm in the build, so apjtool is the way it will have to be from now on
Will panic on boot if you get parameter names wrong
We can fix
No RC4… yet
Tuning has changed so documentation coming
Renaming modes to indicate highest-level controller?
Documentation coming for the different modes
Table showing which controllers are active?
UTC23:20 - tridge and create()
- Create has been removed from master()
- Need to watch out in PRs that we’ll get conflicts
- Watch out not to reintroduce create()
- Compiler optimisation meant the uninitialised value problem only happened on very small objects
UTC23:25 - tridge and apjtool and parameters
- Can give people a binary which sets parameters
- Avoiding recalibration would be nice in some use cases when wiping params
- APWeb has this feature
- include/exclude configuration parameters
- include/exclude things that are/aren’t defaults
- Would be nice to be able to get things that aren’t their default values
- Extend AP_Param so we tell this
- Can’t at the moment because of constructors and the like
- And, in fact, just raw code which fiddles based on tailsitter or not!
- Records the ones that have changed
- Some sort of list
- Scribble down the default value when someone configures something
- Memory consumption!
- Maybe 30 or 40 parameters
- 8 bytes + linked list overhead
- Also needs mavlink stuff
- Param_value extensions?
- Fewer roundtrips
- Or separate messages
- Xml file and defaults?
- Defaults are runtime!
- Only download non-default variables?
- Bigger problem!
- Checksum the initial parameter set
- “Enable” parameters might complete stuff it
- A “GET_PARAM_METADATA” message and custom response?
- Or store the checksum in the parameters themself?
UTC23:40 - Luis and funding
They’ve met once
Clean up backlog on discuss
Contacted some of the people
Some have been closed/lost interest
Solos for Matt was approved
Revision of funding committee bylaws
With tidge’s help
Partner offered to donate
Francisco offered to follow up
Encourage new proposals
M Kelly has undertaken to chase this
Will look at budget for upcoming year
UTC23:46 - RC Groups fork?!
- Something that’s been discussed from RadioLink guys
- New kind of PixHawk?
- Forked ardupilot, mission planner?
- “Closed implementation” of both, they claim?
- RadioLink did contribute a compass driver, however!
- Modified process for flashing?
- F405 not a F427
- Need to discuss with these guys becoming a partner and sharing code and procedures
- A few interaction issues in terms of business practices / GPSs
- Need to look at the code to work out whether we can support their board
- Craig will contact
- Cutting code size down is a topic for future dev calls!
- Separate fork for smaller boards?
- Maintenance burden for a merged thing could be high
- non-GPS makes for very small ArduPilot!
- Randy thinks we should try to support as many boards as possible
- Really need a way of turning off features
- Need to have a good scheme on our #defines
- Need to be able to validate #define configurations
- ArduPilot on ChiBIOS?
- Olivier test-few SkyViper and Chibios
- PixRacer is an obvious target
- Wid’s getting a unit courtesy of Phil and Jordi
- IO processor communication stuff is underway
- No support for buzzer
- Lots of details
- Fly on Iris is the milestone fotesting release
- a r bet
UTC23:46 - Microsoft is bouncing emails from discuss
- There’s a link to remove block of your IPs
- Jani is working on it
UTC00:27 - Luis nominates Mark for contribution of the month
- SBus out on serial
- Amongst a whole lot of other stuff!
- Simulation stuff
- Collective-pitch quadcopter stuff
- tailsitter testing
- Vectored tailsitter
- Compass drivers on PixRacer
UTC00:27 - Tom is working with Eugene on a CANUAV port to Linux
- Already is one?!
- Tom’s working on top of code from emlid
- Trying to get it ready to be merged