Determining PixHawk FMU version

I don’t think so. The PR list for Ardupilot is pretty long with much higher priority topics I would say.

1. Old purchases are few and far between and <5yrs old now. No one is really talking about this anymore.
  2. New purchases are a known quantity.
  3. OK

It is a standard feature of the bootloader, just like any other processor based devices.

case 1 : If your board is new and purchased from a reliable source, has a correct bootloader, then it will be identified correctly and an appropriate firmware will be loaded.
case 2: If you purchased an old used board, then before do anything, update the bootloader, then goto case 1.
case 3 : if your newly purchased board is a crappy copy with some ancient bootloader then update the bootloader and go to case 1.

I am facing same issue

What issue would that be?

Determining PixHawk FMU version

Sorry to share it here
Today again my hexacopter crashed that too from height

Flight Controller: PIXHAWK PX4 2.4.7
Firmware version Copter 4.0.5
Transmitter: “FrSky Taranis Q X7 ACCESS 2.4GHz 24CH Mode2 Transmitter with R9M 2019”
ESC: Hobbywing XRotor 40A-OPTO ESC
Motors: Tarot 4108 High Power Brushless Motor (380kv)
Battery:6S.
Frame:Tarot 680Pro

Log:

Can anybody have look at log and help me what was wrong.

I have a similar issue, am using V5+ and am trying to build a firmware using cygwin tool chain. the default board option that am getting are CUAVv5 and CUAVx7, i have tried both, with CUAVv5 it doesnt detect GPS because of the pin type mismatch and with CUAVx7 it doesnt even upload.
Can someone help me to identify the correct board type for CUAV v5+.

Hello,
Which version pixhawk I have? Which version should I choose in Mission Planner to flash?

You can choose fmu v2 or FMU V3.

Hi,
Thank’s for help.
Can You explain me difference, and which is better?
And why not to chose Pixhawk1?
Thanks in advance.

You want Pixhawk1. V3 processor has 2mb flash.

what about that?

DS_STM32F42x_43x_step2.book (mouser.pl)

as grateful as i am for this community this is a funny phonemenon on this forum page. a bunch of people have answered everything but the question. thanks for finally answering the question.

So if our rev on the main processor says “VIT6 3”, then we have a rev3 board, 2m flash, and should use… fmuv3?

another question, if above is the case, what’s the difference between fmuv2 and Pixhawk-1?

E: @vaxerio , information taken from here: Pixhawk 1MB flash limit - Discussions - diydrones

Long story short, it says 2mb flash, but a bug on the rev a, y, 1 chips mean if ardupilot goes above 1mb USB connection errors pop up. rev3 chips have this issue fixed

2 Likes

I arrive here with the same question. What is the difference between pixhawk bootloader and fmuv3?