Define Tricopter when uploading from ardupilot arduino IDE

Hi…
i usually upload new firmwares from ardupilot arduino IDE since i have some minor modifications in my GitHub Fork.

I have my apm 2.5 on a tricopter and need to define FRAME_CONFIG TRI_FRAME in APM_Config.h

Just above the frame definition it says:
// If you used to define your CONFIG_APM_HARDWARE setting here, it is no longer
// valid! You should switch to using a HAL_BOARD flag in your local config.mk.

i dont have a config.mk
So how do i do that?
and
Why is there no option for defining a tricopter in the FRAME Parameter? for example 4= Tricopter

[quote=“svefro”]Hi…
i usually upload new firmwares from ardupilot arduino IDE since i have some minor modifications in my GitHub Fork.

I have my apm 2.5 on a tricopter and need to define FRAME_CONFIG TRI_FRAME in APM_Config.h

Just above the frame definition it says:
// If you used to define your CONFIG_APM_HARDWARE setting here, it is no longer
// valid! You should switch to using a HAL_BOARD flag in your local config.mk.

i dont have a config.mk
So how do i do that?
and
Why is there no option for defining a tricopter in the FRAME Parameter? for example 4= Tricopter[/quote]

i might have misunderstood her… I assume that CONFIG_APM_HARDWARE is the Hardware version of the APM board it self (APM1,AMP2,APM2.5/2.6) but still…

Is there another way of defining tricopter frame than in the source code?

I also have another quick question to add.
My tricopter don’t seem to hold it’s heading the way i would assume.
When i fly backwards fast it tends to rotate one way or another due to air drag. If i stop the copter the Yaw auto controller doesn’t restore the previous heading… in other words it seems that the yaw is not trying to get back to its “SET” Compass Heading (i’m not moving the yaw stick out of it’s deadband.)

My settings:
-MAG_ENABLE=1
-AHRS_YAW_P=0.4 (default 0.1)
-AHRS_GPS_USE=1
-AHRS_GPS_GAIN=1 (Not well documented parameter) Some places is s written that it is for the altitude and other places attitude