Dataflash logs files name date are set to January 1970

Hi,

For example : 70-01-17_06-53-35.bin (January 1970 == Unix time stamp 0)
I do compile a fork of the APMCopter 3.2RC2 to run on a PIXHAWK V2 (IRIS).
How can i fix it ?

Thanks,

1 Like

Well, that’s interesting. My logs (APM 2.5) are all coming out dated Dec 31, 2000 and I pointed that out in this issue: groups.google.com/forum/#!topic … eu7ZsTi_uU .

I’ll try my pixhawk tomorrow (repairing tonight) and see what log dates I get with the RC2.

I’ve just given up on apmplanner2 entirely for log download and use Michael Osbourne’s Mission Planner. I’e been able to compile apmplanner2 and would be interested in trying to fix it myself… but not going to unless I’m asked since otherwise it may not get merged and will be wasted effort.

I’ve just given up on apmplanner2 entirely for log download and use Michael Osbourne’s Mission Planner. I’e been able to compile apmplanner2 and would be interested in trying to fix it myself… but not going to unless I’m asked since otherwise it may not get merged and will be wasted effort.[/quote]

Are the data flash log file name fixed by APM planner or the PIXHAWK / APMCOPTER?
I was thinking that the data flash log were named by the embedded program not the client software.
M i missing something ?

Logging does not depend on GPS (time source)
Log time in file name is set later by client software, based on GPS time from log.
Feel free to contribute to mission planner 2.

[quote=“Andre-K”]Logging does not depend on GPS (time source)
Log time in file name is set later by client software, based on GPS time from log.
Feel free to contribute to mission planner 2.[/quote]

Thanks for that precision, i will post to the APM Planner 2.0 forum.

check that you had a GPS fix on that particular log-file first, I am pretty sure APMPlanner2 did rename imported logs with already in early versions.

[quote=“bpereiradasilva”]Hi,

For example : 70-01-17_06-53-35.bin (January 1970 == Unix time stamp 0)
I do compile a fork of the APMCopter 3.2RC2 to run on a PIXHAWK V2 (IRIS).
How can i fix it ?

Thanks,[/quote]
I can confirm that I’m seeing the same behavior. Is there a known workaround or is a src code change needed?

I’m confused over the difference between apm planner 2 and mission planner - whats the difference between these two? I keep reading about the mission planner in various posts. I have apm planner 2 installed on my linux machine but I can’t find the mission planner. Same program or?

Mission Planner is the ¨good old¨ tool, used for years, and still maintained&developed by Michael Oborne.
Unfortunatly it\s hoopelessly crippled by being an .NET with always some issues when run in MONO.

APM planner, is relatively new project, truly versatile, and not depending on the awful attempt to lock-in that .NET is.
APMplannner have some neat advantages, and is less polished, but usable, the choice for the future where microsoft is not used unless poor security, slowness and bugs are desired :slight_smile:

I sent a link to this conversation to the APM planner dev.

[quote=“Andre-K”]Mission Planner is the ¨good old¨ tool, used for years, and still maintained&developed by Michael Oborne.
Unfortunatly it\s hoopelessly crippled by being an .NET with always some issues when run in MONO.

APM planner, is relatively new project, truly versatile, and not depending on the awful attempt to lock-in that .NET is.
APMplannner have some neat advantages, and is less polished, but usable, the choice for the future where microsoft is not used unless poor security, slowness and bugs are desired :slight_smile:[/quote]

Thanks for the clarification. I’m always trying to stay away from M$ products ; )

If I find the time I would like to clone the src and who knows maybe I will be able to submit a bugfix : )

The issue is fixed

Hi All,
I know its been long 6years for this discussion, but recently got interested in drones. So this is my second experience with drones using apm2.8. first one was with KK2.1.5 which was a successful flight.
Last time i flew with apm 2.8, my drone automatically took throttle after take off nicely and went up high as 200m and fell off like a stone. drone got completely damage. therefore, i wanna know what went wrong. Tried getting log files from mission planner but dated logs were from 1970, didnt know which one to look for. also could not understand the throttle parameters.
Please suggest. Let me know if u need any input from me. I have video shot if anyone wanna see. please let me know where to post it.

Frame : DJI 450
FC: APM 2.8
Tx: flysky Ct6B.
Rx: FsR6B.

how can you fixed that? I’m still confused

without a GPS fix it will not know the time. If you obtain a GPS fix it will get the correct times from there.

I used intel realsense T265 for navigation, does it have any effect?

Unknown on that one but its doubtful the T265 gets a time like a GPS does. I had wondered the other day why my logs were dated 1969 and 1970 but once I got a GPS fix it solved that issue.

How can that possibly have time information?

okay, thank you for your information

I don’t know too
I’m still confused about my log, because I have crashed my qudrotor badly.

start a new topic and post the log maybe some folks could help analyze it.