The logging feature in APM 2.5 (AC 3.1) is not working for me anymore. Most of the time, when I connect to terminal, I see “3Erasing logs” message:
After clicking “Log Download” button:
Some crazy log numbers. There should be one log only (one arming - one flight performed).
If I click “Download all logs” the process hangs with the grey message “Createfile”:
If I choose to download only one log, it starts to download and hangs shortly after:
Only read to 2338, that’s it.
Trying to dump through CLI:
No luck here either.
Sometimes it connects with message “3No dataflash inserted”:
And after reconnect it sees the dataflash again.
Even if I disable logs, it still starts with “Erasing logs”:
Also, if you noticed, my log disappeared after I tried to download it through CLI.
- I checked the regulator via outer pins on I2C like in Randy’s video - it’s exactly 3.3V
- Erased or cleared logs (in CLI and via “Clear logs” button), disabled-enabled different types of logs and all of them at once too.
- Erased EEPROM on the board, did reset and reboot.
- Reflashed firmware and did full recalibration of everything.
- Reinstalled MP (my version is 1.2.92)
- Tried different computer with different OS and MP version. It let me download a log from second attempt but the file was corrupted - it was only a piece of log and column names looked like korean hieroglyphs.
I gave up at this point. The copter was tuned up and flying great, I had no hardware changes preceding the failure, never had any crashes or hard landings. I was just flying it for the last few days and was sometimes downloading logs to analyze performance and vibrations.
I wonder if the board can be further safely used or I should dump it in the garbage (it’s past 3dr 90 days warranty). Any insight on this problem would be greatly appreciated.