Data link with telemetry and control 50-100 km range

Hello.

I’m working with a company which develops and manufacture large drones (quadcopter, 6x6 m). I’m currently looking around for a reliable medium to long range datalink with the requirements below. Due to regulations and recent ban of DJI in the US, we can’t use Chinese manufacturers.

• Range: 60-100 km (or longer)
  • Data: Telemetry, Control
  • Video (optional)

I am looking for something in the more “premium” segment than for example RFD. Somewhere between a Silvus and RFD link.

Thankful for any replies. Have a nice day.

What did you end up finding?
Interested to hear your thoughts.

I have used doodle labs radios with a lot of success. they can run both vid and telem and their mesh rider software is great with lots of development behind it. There are also some from uavionix that I have heard are good for telem and they are developing a radio network for UAS systems kind of like the Verizon of UAS. I have also heard of folks using the microhard radios. I only have experience with doodle labs and I really like them they also conform to the blue uas standard. They only downside is getting your hands on them right now. Have had an order back ordered for almost 4 months now. if you do buy a bunch hahaha!

uAvionix, we can do the range no problem. We support telemetry only, and have a system we will FAA certify too. here is a good description of what our sysytem can do.

A late response from me… Which doodle lab model are you using and what radios for the UAV and ground? What kind of performance have you seen?

Sorry to resurrect an old thread, but how does that system handle running multiple UAVs from one GCS? I’m looking for something that can run a multiple drone swarm from Mission Planner without too much latency.

Are you considering LTE connectivity by any chance?