Daiwa Winch info? Where to buy?

Does anyone have any experience with the Daiwa Winch? If so, how well did it work? Any issues?

I have tried to email the company to buy one, and no response in weeks. Any info on how to get in touch with them would be greatly appreciated! Also, any info on your experience with the winch would be great!

Ryan

Hello,

As usual, WIKI is your friend

https://ardupilot.org/copter/docs/common-daiwa-winch.html

I have read the wiki numerous times. I have reached out to there email on the website with no response. I am asking for peoples opinion on it and if they were able to buy one by reaching out to them via email.

Ryan

1 Like

OK Understood,

@rmackay9 Randy do you have any contacts ?

1 Like

I’ve had some good experiences with A2Z Drone Delivery. I’ve used their RDS1 and RDS2. In both cases I’ve used them on a DJI M600, but the RDS2 is setup for MavLink messages and can be controlled from Ardupilot or PX4. The RDS2 can do delivery and pickup, and has some different options for the hook system.

I appreciate it, I have used them as well. I am just looking at the Daiwa as a lower cost solution.

Ryan

1 Like

@rmackay9 have you had any luck contacting them?

Ryan

I don’t have direct contact with the Daiwa Winch people but I’ve asked someone who does…

Coincidentally I’m working with ViewPro on integrating their gimbals better with AP and noticed they have a winch on their website. Some will find this expensive but this is about the price of the Daiwa winch as well I think.

@hybrid-guy,

My contact got back to me and suggested pushing the “click here for enqujiries regarding purchase” button on the bottom of the AP Daiwa Winch wiki page.

Alternatively you can directly email uav at okaya.co.jp (replace " at " with the @ symbol).

Thank you for all the info! I really appreciate it!

1 Like