Cut'n paste selected parameters after "Parameter Reset"

Hi,

As an action in trying to get my alt hold to work, I’d like to try a Parameter Reset.

Can I paste the Compass Calibration and CompassMot related parameters into the new parameter set after reset?

COMPASS_AUTODEC,1
COMPASS_DEC,0.05670163
COMPASS_DEV_ID,131594
COMPASS_DEV_ID2,131594
COMPASS_DEV_ID3,0
COMPASS_EXTERNAL,0
COMPASS_LEARN,0
COMPASS_MOT2_X,-5.62664032
COMPASS_MOT2_Y,2.78489041
COMPASS_MOT2_Z,2.81064892
COMPASS_MOT3_X,0.00000000
COMPASS_MOT3_Y,0.00000000
COMPASS_MOT3_Z,0.00000000
COMPASS_MOTCT,2
COMPASS_MOT_X,0.07976723
COMPASS_MOT_Y,-0.27941072
COMPASS_MOT_Z,-0.01945585
COMPASS_OFS2_X,0.00000000
COMPASS_OFS2_Y,0.00000000
COMPASS_OFS2_Z,0.00000000
COMPASS_OFS3_X,0.00000000
COMPASS_OFS3_Y,0.00000000
COMPASS_OFS3_Z,0.00000000
COMPASS_OFS_X,0.00000000
COMPASS_OFS_Y,0.00000000
COMPASS_OFS_Z,0.00000000
COMPASS_ORIENT,0
COMPASS_PRIMARY,0
COMPASS_USE,1

They should be totally the same, and it saves lots of time to do so.

Thanks for any answer!

Just save that as a param file and it will be applied on top of what already there. If you use the compare function it will show you what will change before applying the changes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

All right! Very good! And there is no other “deeper” reset of a PixHawk than the parameter reset? (Any kind or sensor memory etc?)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

‘Reset To defaults’ triggers a format of the EEPROM, then values are returned to the default values as burned into the FW. There’s no ‘deeper’ format of parameters

Ok, thanks!
Doing it right now. I see that the normal compass calibration data is not present in the saved param-file. Maybe that’s supposed to be so?

Sent using Tapatalk

Normal compass calibration data is saved, whatever you see in the Full Parameter list is saved. You might just be experiencing the fact new FW has some renaming of params so not showing up when you load them.

Ok, Im thinking of the COMPASS_OFS"X" values, that are all 0… ( see my initial post) and APM software still throws a warning about compass not calibrated.

Sent using Tapatalk

Yep, you have to have real offset values. ArduCopter is throwing the error, and APM Planner is reporting it… You’ll need all compasses calibrated unless you disable the arming check.

Hm, but why can’t I see those values in the saved parameter files? All Compass Ofs are 0 in both my pixhawk hexa and quad APM parameter files.

I don’t know, what SW are you using to save Params?

Oh it’s APM 2.0.19-rc3.

I see what the issue is. When the compass calibration finishes in APM Planner 2.0. I sends a MAVLink message to set the compass offsets. What doesn’t happen is that the parameters are re-requested from the autopilot. If you save the parameters at this point without clicking ‘Refresh’ in the Full Parameter view the offsets will be saved at zero.

I’ll add some code to auto request the params from the autopilot. The workaround is to click ‘refresh’ before saving params.

(It looks like this problem started when we moved to using the MAVLink message to set compass params, instead of setting them directly in older versions)

I’ve raised an issue here to track github.com/diydrones/apm_planner/issues/826

Thx

All right! Thank’s a lot for support!

Sent using Tapatalk

Hang on, is this the same parameter blanking issue I’ve just discovered in another, more visible part of APM software? “Refresh” don’ work there though…

viewtopic.php?t=14068

Sent using Tapatalk

Not really, it’s just a coincidence that they are 0. I’ll try and find to look at the Extended Tuning one today.