Curious voltage from PPMEncoder to receiver

My Turnigy 9x receiver does not show a red light blinking or non-blinking when I try and bind. Power is coming off of the PixHawk controller. I have confirmed 5v on the white (+) and black (-) wires coming out of the PPMEncoder. No charge on red. Here’s a link to a picture of the setup. I’ve tried this with the white-red-black plug in the #1 receiver position, as well as in the #8 position on the receiver. This is the second PPMEncoder that I’ve tried. Both have (+) on white, (-) on black, and no charge on red. Plug is connected properly into the PixHawk.
i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk15 … omhfkf.jpg

It would seem that there should be a charge on the red, (or am I just old-fashoned?)
Thanks in advance.

@portsample,
You have the PPM Encoder plugged into a Servo Output port and there is no power on the center pin of the Servo output ports.
The PPM Encoder should be plugged into the RC connector on the far left as described here: http://copter.ardupilot.com/wiki/common-pixhawk-and-px4-compatible-rc-transmitter-and-receiver-systems/
Regards,
TCIII GM

Thanks for the response TCIII. Actually, it is plugged into the correct port shown in the link below. i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk15 … r1u3yr.png
Ports used are on the far left (“RC IN”) that have a red circle around them. Thanks again.

@portsample,
If you have no power (5 vdc) on the center pin (red) of the RC connector on the Pixhawk, then your PPM Encoder is not going to work and there is something wrong with your Pixhawk.
Regards,
TCIII GM

Thanks again TCIII. Has anyone tried soldering jumpers SJ1 on the PPM encoder board? See attached link. i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk15 … 6o9o70.png

@portsample,
Is your PPM Encoder a clone or a genuine 3DR product?
I have four of the 3DR PPM Encoders and have never had one not work right out of the box. I have used the Encoder with both the Pixhawk and the APM2.6.
Regards,
TCIII GM

Soldering the jumper took care of it. Thanks for your help TC.