Cube Orange Telemetry to FRSky X8R S Port using Yapuu Cable

I am using the Yaapu Telemetry Converter Cable to connect Cube Orange Telem2 to the X8R S.Port. When I ‘Discover new sensors’ on my Xlite Pro radio I only get RSSI, RxBt, and GPS (GPS is the only new value).

Settings I use:
SERIAL2_BAUD == 57
SERIAL2_OPTIONS == 0,
SERIAL2_PROTOCOL == 10
RC_OPTIONS == 32

Do I need to change parameters on Ardupilot to enable the full stream of telemetry? Or do I need to modify the output signal for the Yapuu Converter cable, now that the firmware is newer than the version originally intended for converter cable?

Notes:
Yes, I have tried making a straight wire Tx/GND cable from Telem2. This yielded no telemetry at all using the settings SERIAL2_OPTIONS == 7,
SERIAL2_PROTOCOL == 10.

You need to set this param
SERIAL2_PROTOCOL = 10
SERIAL2_OPTION = 7

And you dont need to use a converter, just a straight wire and a 10k pulldown resistor from that signal wire to ground (0volts)

Also you dont need to discover the sensors, just add the yaapu widget if you havent already and go there

2 Likes

What you’re experiencing is among several reasons I quit using FrSky hardware in favor of ExpressLRS.

Follow @xfacta’s advice and definitely load the Yaapu Lua script if you intend to get anything meaningful from the telemetry stream.

Lessons learned:

1. Yaapu script handles discovery of new sensors, provides alarms for arming and mode selection and displays telemetry. As Xfacta suggests, just add the lua script to the controllers and assign to a widget screen.
  2. The Yaapu converter cable works with the settings
    SERIAL2_OPTIONS == 7, SERIAL2_PROTOCOL == 10