Cube orange randomly reset parameter to default

That is great news. Good on you guys for finding this elusive bug.

1 Like

great news, this problem happened to me also sometime.

1 Like

@rmackay9

We have this problem also with 2 drones with orange cube. Is it needed to install the 4.04 dev version and than update the bootloader as shown in the video?

@Christian81,

Yes, the procedure on the wiki page is the way to go. Once Copter-4.0.4 is released you won’t need to load the dev version… but for now the dev version is the only one that has the fixed bootloader included.

I’ve upgrade cube orange to 4.0.4dev with bootloader and it reset to std params again after 10-15 power up.

We did the update too, so far we did not had any more resets with the 2 new drones.

I am currently having the same issue. My perms have reset back to default 4 time now. I am using both the Kore carrier board and Orange Cube.
I have just came in to this thread.

Is there a fix for this??

Hi Michael,

the solution with the latest DEV Firmware worked fine for us, no more resets. But because it is not a stable release, maybe not the perfect solution for everyone.

The fix is actually to the bootloader and there are upgrade instructions here on the wiki. Please note that once that bootloader upgrade is done you can switch back to using Copter-4.0.3.

So to explain a little more deeply, the issue you’re likely facing is with a “floating” pin connected to the FRAM chip while the bootloader is running. The updated bootloader fixes this problem. The bootloader is a separate firmware that we bundle up with the main ArduPilot flightcode firmware but it’s not installed unless the user actively asks for it to be installed (see wiki linked above). So you can temporarily upgrade to the development firmware, trigger the bootloader upgrade, then re-install the stable firmware and it should all be fine.

Copter-4.0.4-rc1 also includes the new bootloader and will be released for beta testing later this week.

1 Like

That is good to know, that i can switch back after the Boot loader Update! Because we had problems with the RM3100 in the dev Version.

OK, great! I upgraded the boot loader and the firmware to version 4.0.4. All seems to be fine now. I have modified the parameters and so far no reset.
So what you were saying if I go back to a stable version of the firmware I will not lose my parameters?

@Michael_Kaplan,

Yes, you should be able to go back to stable Copter-4.0.3 and you won’t lose any parameters.

Thank you sir I appreciate your assistance and I am looking forward to many enjoyable flights.

Does this bootloader update also apply to the Black Cube?

@DroneWrangler, yes, the bootloader issue affected many boards including the CubeBlack and the original Pixhawk. We are still not sure why the CubeOrange was affected more than the CubeBlack but it is likely because of some small hardware difference.

@rmackay9 We had the problem, that after we downgraded back to 4.03, the reset does happen again.

I have a similar problem. It is concerning single parameters and happend with an Pixhawk as well as with my mRo x2.1 777.

I wonder whether that is kind of dangerous?

I have updated the bootloader but the problem persits. Its always the parameter BRD_PWM_COUNT which is set from 3 to 2 every boot.

Same problem with cube black in Kore board fw 3.6.12.

Had same problem today on cube black on kore board. Latest stable 4.0.3 and bootloader updated to latest on MP. Did control all params but for sure all SrX params to zero and rangefinder to zero too.