Cube Orange+ has become "Redish Orange+"!

Proficnc did it again: they changed hardware in the cube orange+ . This would not be a problem, unless 1) it’s undocumented (as far as i know)
2) it’s not compatible with my current firmware (copter 4.3.7): it gives error on boot. Putting latest 4.5.1 solves problem.

For people with custom firmwares based on older versions this could be a major problem, so i would warn community here before investing in the new Redish. you can see it on the left, compared to an old orange+

4 Likes

This should be a different model number. When first released, they seemed to indicate that it was just a cosmetic change. But the resulting firmware changes prove otherwise.

I really like CubePilot in general, and they have supported some of my ventures with ArduPilot, but I’m becoming more critical of them lately with some curious and frustrating decisions about Here4 hardware and firmware along with this hiccup.

1 Like

Good Day,

The details of the change can be found here:
ECN 03 balanced gyro for cube Orange plus - August 2023

Unfortunately their response on documentation issues is that this is a open source community feel free to help document hahaha :rofl:. You should not have to read their forums to get updated data on their products!

1 Like