CUBE BLACK resets to default parameters intermittently

Hello all,

I was using a CUBE BLACK, serial number CU11A9610030, running Arduplane 4.0.0 for QUADPLANE.

After initial vehicle setup, USB power was disconnected from the vehicle to prepare for a test flight.

In the time between unplugging the computer and moving outside for a hover test, about 15 minutes, we plugged battery power to the vehicle parameters were set back to default.

Again we setup the vehicle and flew in Q_HOVER with no issues.

A few weeks went by with no issues, we were able to fly for multiple demonstrations and everything was good, all parameters were unchanged.

A few more weeks later after letting the vehicle sit untouched, we decide to change out our RC receiver.
After all changes were made we plugged into the computer to make some changes and again found all the parameters had been set back to default.

Since this incident we have switched to a CUBE BLUE running Arduplane 4.0.2 and we have not had any more issues since but its only been a week.

Concerned about turning this vehicle over to the customer without knowing a cause.

Has anybody else experienced this issue?

Maybe a FRAM issue? All parameters are saved into a fram chip

There’s actually an open request looking at this very issue. Two other users have reported similar events.

I have also had this issue. Could you point me in the right direction for the open issue? I can’t find one relating to this specifically.

Thanks