Cuav X7 Pro / Fail Safe ACRO mode

Hi there

since a couple of weeks I’m using the above FC in a ALIGN 700 DFC helicopter. The first flights have been successful so far. Many tests for Fail Safe though showed that the FC recognizes if the transmitter will be switched off, but instead of keeping the motor running the motor stops. If I do the same test in STABALIZE mode or PosHold mode the FC behaves like expected. These tests have been made on ground including moving the heli 20 Meters to a different spot. It would be interesting if somebody made the same experience with the cuav X7 Pro ?

Thanks
Kind Regards

Roland

Roland,
please provide your log of the test conducted in acro. Sometimes a ground test may not be representative because you haven’t adequately convinced the software that the aircraft is flying. Provide the log of the tests conducted in stabilize and poshold too.

Thanks,
Bill

Hi Bill

in the meantime I downloaded and installed the Autotune SW. As the FS is still the same in ACRO mode
you get the loggs as requested.

The first logg/.bin is from ACRO mode
the second from STABALIZE mode
the third from PosHold mode

2022-01-06 16-19-14.bin (851.9 KB)
2022-01-06 16-27-22.bin (923.9 KB)
2022-01-06 16-33-46.bin (805.0 KB)

In the forum I’ve seen a graphic; is this tool part of MP ?

Thanks

Kind Regards

Roland

sorry I missed the jpg…

This was not a valid test. The autopilot thinks the aircraft is landed because descent rate is less than 1m/s, the accelerations are below the required value and the collective is below H_COL_MID. So either your H_COL_MID is set improperly or you just forgot to keep the collective high enough to make the autopilot think you are not landed.

See in the graphic that the last message at the top says Land Complete right before you turn off the transmitter (radio failsafe shown on the bottom of the graph). So you need to redo the test and keep the collective above the H_COL_MID point to keep the autopilot from declaring land complete. Let me know if you see the proper behavior.

Thanks,
Bill

Hi Bill

Thank you very much for your fast analysis ; you’re right the pitch was not in the positiv range and therefore the motor stopped. If there is pos.pitch the MP shows ( after switching off the transmitter ) ““LAND”” and after a few seconds the motor stops. Thanks as well for your graph - I still have to lern a lot about FC’s. I have to calibrate again, now with installed FC to make sure everything is correct…

1 Like