CRT EKF3 lane switch 2, 1, 0

During testing of my oktopter after setting the throttle notch filter I noticed that during flying circles with front of the copter set to the center of the circle I get critical messages by mavlink:

CRT EKF3 lane switch 2
WRN EKF primary changed 2
CRT EKF3 lane switch 1
Error pos vert variance
etc…

Generally that copter fly ok only during making circles that problem occurs. It appears in ALT-Hold and in Loiter but in Loiter after that messages bigger vibration occurs.

Can someone check my log from the flight?
Is that problem with the compass ? or something else ?

It was likely this spike in the Barometer which lines up with the error.

any idea why barometer in Cube Black can give such spike during cicrcle flight ?

No. It didn’t show up on the 2nd barometer. You could set that one as primary I suppose if you continue with the problem.

Sorry could you tell me how to set and change primary barometer I can’t find any documentation :frowning:

I have to set BARO_PRIMARY: ??? to different barometer ?

When in doubt about a parameter 1st go the Full Parameter List in Mission Planner and see what the description says. Like here:

1 Like

That’s possible that I have the same problem like in this thread. I will investigate.

I changed BARO_PRIMARY to 1 and updated HERE2 GPS to CAN BUS and now copter fly ok without any errors but it looks like I have faulty BARO with baro glitches from time to time log from today

Is there possibility to completely disable selected Baro ?

Edit the hwdef and recompile? That will be annoying going forward with firmware updates.

Baro

Sorry @dkemxr but I didn’t understand. If I want to use only second baro and external baro in Here 2 GPS I will have to recompile special firmware for Cube Black ? For now I even don’t know how to enable third baro in Here 2 :frowning:

Good question and I’m unsure of the answer.

Today I tested the same Cube Black with GPS ONE and the problem occur again. I don’t see Baro glitch in the logs. What can be the cause of lane switch 2,1,0 ?
the log here
second log

In different flight I triggered the problem when I started to climb rapidly. After message lane switch copter is vibrating more in loiter.

Hey did you find out the reason ? I am fscing simlar issue

As I wrote earlier I can’t enable baro in Here 2 on CAN bus. I didn’t found the solution. Maybe that’s a problem with my Here 2 unit maybe with all Here 2. Now I am using second baro sensor which is located in Cube Black. I also checked that during fast flight wind can reach to baro sensor in Cube Black by USB micro connector so It’s good to cover whole Cube from the wind or cover only whole with USB and SD card.