Crossfire RX disconnecting non-DMA serial?

Testing new build. A few times during arming I get a message ‘no RC receiver’ which quickly reconnects and seems ok. Sometimes in flight I get in info message that my CRSF RX is connected. This possibly implies there was a temporary disconnect? I think all wires and plugs are ok.
On the last flight it totally disconnected and did an RTL. Its connected to Serial7 (RXTX6 on Matek) as recommended. There is a warning message advising - “CRSFv2 running on non-DMA serial port”. Its the port thats recemmended. Whats the issue?
There were some serial duplication (MAV2 on 2 ports) but I dont think thats a problem?
File of last flight with RC problem called ‘RC dropout’

Deleted yesterdays post because I thought I found a bad connection, however after re-soldering fault still occurring.
Any ideas please?

You probably need this - Decode high duty-cycle CRSF frames using frame marker rather than timeouts by andyp1per · Pull Request #26183 · ArduPilot/ardupilot · GitHub

Thanks Andy. Forgive me for being thick but Im not sure what to do with the github link. Please advise.
Is this fixed in 4.5? I see there is some CRSF protocol changes.

No, still going through review - I posted it just to let you know that your experience is not unique here.

Ok thanks. I did search but didnt catch anything similar to my problem. Do you have a link? In the mean time I will try another UART. I dont suppose this could also cause the FC to freeze? Still havent got to the bottom of my series of mystery crashes.

Tried more flights today with different serial port. Still failing but different. No longer having warnings about CRSF on non-DMA port.

Yesterday at disconnect, RSSI info was still being saved.
Today, the RSSI froze at the point of RTL. TX connection strength bars disappeared and RX needed rebinding on both occasions. Sounds like a different fault right?
Over 12 years of drone building, Ive never had so many difficulties before.

Todays file ‘TXRX disconnect’ Compare with the day before ‘RC dropout’ is anyone wants a gander.

I’ve been running into issues with this as well. While we wait for @andyp1per’s fix I’ve had some luck bench testing with both fixed telemetry rates and fixed power levels. Haven’t been able to test fly it yet, but since this setup was giving me fail-safes on the bench before I’m optimistic.

Can you run slower update rates?

In my experience, the wicked fast updates aren’t really required for most ArduPilot applications unless you are pushing the boundaries with race or highly aerobatic craft.

I’ve not seen these issues with my pretty benign update settings (I forget the specifics at the moment, but I know I don’t really push the bandwidth limit at all).

I will try slower update rates tomorrow. It did seem different today, more like a bad TX-RX connection but when on serial7 (a few days ago) it looked more like a RX-FC link problem.

From memory there are 2 speed settings. Telemetry and RC. Is that correct? If so I will try them both slower.
And fix the power level.

Actually 150Hz is pretty slow in the ELRS world, and I think that’s where mine is set. I overlooked the rate in your first post.

I am running the 16 channel, half rate mode with a pretty slow telemetry rate and dynamic power, and I never see errors. I just updated to v3.3.2 without issue.

I use these settings on multiple variants of H743 autopilots and latest stable, beta, or even dev AP firmware.

Are you using ch 5 to arm?

Todays fun and games.
Tried to set 50Hz. Messages didnt change and still say CRSF link rate running at 150Hz and telem at 100+
RC dropouts were getting more frequent and would often fail on the bench.
Updated everything I could - Ethos - bootloader - CRSF TX & RX firmware.
Now radio X20s wont see the external module ( but can see the RX when powered).
Discovered there was NO rc connection between RX & FC even though settings were as before.
Tried another Nano RX. got RC connection back. Left connected on bench for 10 mins, all ok.
Went to fly and had RC dropout after 2 mins in air. Hard disconnect. No rssi and rebind required.

What version of Crossfire are you on? I have one system running 6.19 and it seems stable, and another on 6.30 and it’s giving me all kinds of trouble.

im on 6.19. It appears that Ethos firmware 1.4.17 has a bug where it dosent show the external CRSF module.

Further update.
As above the TX unit was visible with most Ethos firmware versions except 1.4.17
However -
It looks like the unit may have been faulty. Many hours trying to figure out a firmware problem and it may have been hardware.