Crossfire CRSF Failsafe on 4.4.0-beta4?

Hey Arduplane team,

I think I may have had a crsf baud rate negotiation related failsafe on 4.4.0-beta4. I’m not 100% sure and would appreciate it if someone else that’s fluent in deciphering apm logs could look at it as well. Was running v6.19 firmware on a TBS Micro TX talking to a Diversity RX. Was flying with LOS to the plane a few hundred feet away. There were other folks flying crossfire in the area, but there weren’t many in the air at the time of the failsafe. I’ve included a link to the log in the post below.

Thanks!

~pk

Update to ArduPlane 4.4.1 or newer and re-test

I would except the plane is out of commission because of the failsafe. I didn’t see any crsf related commits after beta4 when I was looking through the changelog, but maybe I missed something?

If the problem has been fixed, then every minute you are chasing this is a waisted minute.

@andyp1per thoughts? Your commit here (Plane: prepare for 4.4.0-beta4 by tridge · Pull Request #24428 · ArduPilot/ardupilot · GitHub) initially lead me to try 4.4.0-beta4 to see if the failsafe I had seen on a previous flight with beta2 at a much longer range was resolved.

Thanks for your time!

~pk

I should add the FC is a Speedybee F405Wing

Here’s the telemetry log from the TX/Taranis side showing no loss of comms. The problem looks to be between the RX and ardu, potentially showing that the crsf auto baud negotiation isn’t 100%. @andyp1per

~pk
Goblin-2023-09-28.csv.txt (619.7 KB)