Creating and Uploading Code

Afternoon all,

I am looking to modify the current existing loitering system for ArduBoat. I was wondering of anyone knows how uploading a customized firmware file into the mission planner could be done? We are currently using a CubePilot The Cube Orange Standard Set (ADS-B Carrier Board) with the latest version of mission planner. We are running an omnix platform as well.

Hi @Lily_Lamb,

We’ve got a few pages that might be useful on the developer wiki:

If you build your own firmware then you can upload it using MP’s Install Firmware’s “Custom Firmware” link.

1 Like

I have started working on this but ran into an error while uploading the custom firmware. Do you know what waf configuration I use for orange cube. This is the specfic one we are using. CubePilot The Cube Orange Standard Set (ADS-B Carrier Board) - RobotShop

this is the error we are getting:

I have the exact same problem, where you able to solve it?

@Lily_Lamb, @Chris_Papa,

Before building you’ll need to run “configure”. So for the CubeOrange, “./waf configure --board CubeOrange” or if you’re using the new CubeOrangePlus then “./waf configure --board CubeOrangePlus”.

You can also run, “./waf configure --help” to get a full list of boards available.

I use Eclipse (under Cygwin) for building and this is what my “Build Targets” tab looks like

I am using a wsl for building and I run ./waf clean, ./waf configure --board CubeOrange, then ./waf and still get the same error. Is there something else that could be the problem?

@Lily_Lamb,

Can you post the error you are seeing while compiling?

The same error I was getting previously when uploading custom firmware. Does this error occur only when incompatible firmware?

@Lily_Lamb,

I guess you’re quite new to programming which is fine of course, we all need to start somewhere … but I get the impression that maybe you’re not uploading the correct file but the details you’re providing are a bit sparse. Anyway, the ./waf step should product an .apj file in a build directory and this is the file that needs to be uploaded using MP.

1 Like