Crawler runaway

I want to make a large crawler radio-controlled vehicle run automatically, so I installed CubePilot Cube Orange, but it doesn’t work, so I would like to ask everyone to tell me.

I managed to get it to run using RCTX, but when I created a WAYPOINT and selected Auto to start the mission, the crawler radio control started spinning on the spot.

There are times when I succeed, but I am way off course.
My opinion is that the steering wheel is turned too much, which is typical of crawlers, but what do you think?
In the case of a crawler type, if you turn the steering wheel significantly, one side of the crawler will either stop or rotate in the opposite direction, resulting in a fairly sudden change in direction.
If a human were to take control, the rudder would only be turned slightly.
I thought this was probably the cause, but what do you think?
Also, how can I set it up so that I can only turn the rudder slightly like humans do?
Is it not possible to make settings like this?

I am also interested in experience/answers to this topic. I have a crawler and this is something I’ve started to research but found very little. Let us know if you find something.

You absolutely must follow the initial setup and tuning steps before attempting an auto mission.

First Drive with Rover — Rover documentation (ardupilot.org)

If the vehicle spins in circles in any assisted mode (acro, auto, etc), you most likely have a motor output (servo) channel reversed. DO NOT reverse transmitter channels to correct behavior in manual mode. Rather, see here:

Motor and Servo Configuration — Rover documentation (ardupilot.org)

The remainder of your questions are moot points until you have a properly configured vehicle. Once configured and tuned, most of those questions will likely answer themselves.

Adjust the linked page as a reference.
It runs fine with manual operation.

That doesn’t mean it will run in assisted modes. First it needs to run fine in Acro mode.

thank you. I will test it in acro mode.
What I’m testing now is the manual.

Manual mode tells you very little about the configuration. It’s essentially passthru which you can do w/o a flight controller.

I’m still learning and have never used acro mode.
Will the intervention of the flight controller make it easier to operate?

Manual mode seems like a logical first step, but it is not. You mentioned having problems with auto mode, which leads me to believe that you have misconfigured your vehicle.

I refer you again to the links I posted above:
First Drive with Rover — Rover documentation (ardupilot.org)
Motor and Servo Configuration — Rover documentation (ardupilot.org)

Consider acro mode as a sort of “bridge” between manual mode and auto mode. You should tune in acro mode before moving on to fully autonomous navigation. Additionally, when properly tuned, acro mode can certainly improve the driving characteristics of your vehicle.

If you do not reference the links I have provided, we cannot provide further assistance.

thank you.
I am currently configuring the settings while looking at the link.
There are some things that are difficult to understand, but we also adjusted things like the lowest throttle setting.
I will do my best to configure the other settings as well.

Adjusting anything as a result of manual mode behavior is likely ill advised (and nowhere in any documentation).

I see, I understand.

When you have completed “Tuning Navigation” and you have a question post it then. Until that is completed, and the 2-3 steps before it (depending on drive type), its a waste of time for all.

I’m Yes Understood!!