Could experimental RC activate RTL?

The experimental throttle looks nice, but one thing I noticed that does not look right, I see you can make the throttle go below 0%, isn’t that going to risk someone accidentally kicking off RTL after a landing if they throttle down to far past pwn.

Ed,

Oh, that percentage is a leftover from the development. It show the virtual stick deflection, 100% is full up -100 is full down.

But As I state on the top the feature is experimental, and even I don’t think it’s the best way to fly for the moment.

[quote=“arthur”]Oh, that percentage is a leftover from the development. It show the virtual stick deflection, 100% is full up -100 is full down.

But As I state on the top the feature is experimental, and even I don’t think it’s the best way to fly for the moment.[/quote]

Arthur,

I have this one little …well sorta huge problem, after connecting via 3DR radio, then arming, I go into the RC section, to test/play with it, and as soon as I touch the throttle stick, the throttles kick up to full blast. I’ve commented on this in the googleplay comments hoping for help before realizing there was this forum.

What I noticed after almost killing my dog and potentially myself. lol I did however have my hand on the hexa before this happened so it didn’t go anywhere, but sure scared the hell out of the dog. Any ways back to it. I noticed that the throttle is actually switched around with the rudder. Meaning, as the throttle stick goes up, the throttle does not change at all. But by moving the rudder, it lowers and raises the throttle as if it were the throttle. I have a feeling the throttle and rudder functions are swapped some how. Is there way to cure this issue? I found this out after disconnecting the all but one motor and letting it run balls out until I found out what was going on.

I’m reallllly excited about this app and really am looking forward to using the heck out of it. We just need this one thing fixed. :slight_smile: lol hoping other folks don’t try this without securing the copter first during the testing.

[quote=“rcflyer40t”][quote=“arthur”]Oh, that percentage is a leftover from the development. It show the virtual stick deflection, 100% is full up -100 is full down.

But As I state on the top the feature is experimental, and even I don’t think it’s the best way to fly for the moment.[/quote]

Arthur,

I have this one little …well sorta huge problem, after connecting via 3DR radio, then arming, I go into the RC section, to test/play with it, and as soon as I touch the throttle stick, the throttles kick up to full blast. I’ve commented on this in the googleplay comments hoping for help before realizing there was this forum.

What I noticed after almost killing my dog and potentially myself. lol I did however have my hand on the hexa before this happened so it didn’t go anywhere, but sure scared the hell out of the dog. Any ways back to it. I noticed that the throttle is actually switched around with the rudder. Meaning, as the throttle stick goes up, the throttle does not change at all. But by moving the rudder, it lowers and raises the throttle as if it were the throttle. I have a feeling the throttle and rudder functions are swapped some how. Is there way to cure this issue? I found this out after disconnecting the all but one motor and letting it run balls out until I found out what was going on.

I’m reallllly excited about this app and really am looking forward to using the heck out of it. We just need this one thing fixed. :slight_smile: lol hoping other folks don’t try this without securing the copter first during the testing.[/quote]

Haven’t quite figured out how to edit my post, but I’ve updated the firmware to V3.0.1 and now the throttle in the app works as it should. I can now see why it’s still under experimental. It’s realllllly touchy, and a bit delayed. lol still has an awesome cool factor though. :laughing:

I do not recommend using the RC override, we are developing something better that will be released in the future.