Copter Yaw Stuck in Simple Mode?

Flying around a 550 Hex Copter with an APM2.6 Board.

I have been using this copter reliably for over a year. Recently I was at the beach doing some casual flying when a motor shorted and the copter fell from the sky. Luckily, it was only 15 feet off the ground so I incurred minimal damage. I installed the new motor, put on a new set of propellers and went out to test fly.

When I armed the copter, it took off normally, but after I yawed the copter, I noticed that the controls were not pushing in the direction I intended. It felt as if Simple Mode was activated, but no matter how I flipped my aux switches, I couldnt disable it.

I was able to land by reorienting myself as i was when I took off and using that control perspective.

Next I attached the copter to the computer to check flight modes and settings. Both simple mode and super simple mode were both disabled on all.

The next solution I will try is to reflash the board and recalibrate the sensors.

Does anyone have any experience with this issue? It is certainly keeping me grounded at this point.

Thanks in adv,
Neurax