Copter Jumping in automode when using rangefinder (terrain following)

Hello friends!

Through repeated testing, I found that gps-for-yaw was not the cause of the jumping.

New :

Copter Jumping during waypoint navigation in automode when using rangefinder altimeter (terrain following)

The result is the same as before, the copter jumps when navigating waypoints in automode.

I guess that in firmware 4.2.2 or higher, there is something wrong between the terrain following function and the navigation function.

New Logs here : Send Anywhere (include 5sec ad)

Thank you

OLD:

Copter Jumping during waypoint navigation in automode when using gps-for-yaw

I have a problem with jumping during waypoint navigation in automode when using Dual ublox zed F9P with gps-for-yaw set.
(but copter works fine in Althold and loiter mode… ).

I’ve tested with all the changes from AC4.2.2 to AC4.3.5RC1, all with the same result, and looking at the logs, it seems to be a jump to maintain the desired altitude, but I don’t know the cause.

The primary altimeter is a barometer, and the drone has a mmwave altimeter for terrain following. (With the current settings, it works fine if you don’t use gps-for-yaw and only use compass)

Thank you

old Full log here : Send Anywhere (include 5sec ad)

have you adjusted the RNGFND_FILT to smooth the rangefinder inputs.? radar can be very noisy compared to lidar.

what radar are you using?

I am using a US-D1 radar Altimeter for my copter.
I’ve been using it perfectly in loiter and auto mode from ac3.6x to 4.1.x, and from 4.2.x to the latest version, I’ve never had a problem in loiter mode except in auto mode, so I didn’t care about the noise.

Thanks for the advice and I will test it out.

I found an article about what is probably the same issue. I’ll have to do a little more research.

I have confirmed that this issue has been resolved in the 4.4dev firmware.