Copter flew away in LOITER, RTL and FENCE

This is my first post on this forum. At beginning sorry for my poor english.

After several flights in manual mode on my quadrocopter I decided to use some auto modes. First was Loiter mode and after switch it on copter flew away (always in same direction- straight forward of me). Also I tried with RTL and the same issue.
I tried to change firmware version to older one, setup again copter- nothing. I don’t have any idea what is the problem.

My board version is 2.5, actual firmware 3.15.
Motors XA2122, props 10x4.5, GPS Ublox NEO-6M, HK20A ESC’s.

You should be using an external magnetometer with a copter, which means converting your board to a 2.6 and using the GPS/mag. Instructions are here:
copter.ardupilot.com/wiki/common … rformance/

Even if on my GPS module is compass installed?

@msadys,
Did you turn off the compass on the APM2.5 when using an external compass following these instructions: http://rover.ardupilot.com/wiki/common-external-magnetometer-for-improved-performance/ ?
Regards,
TCIII GM

[quote=“TCIII”]@msadys,
Did you turn off the compass on the APM2.5 when using an external compass following these instructions: http://rover.ardupilot.com/wiki/common-external-magnetometer-for-improved-performance/ ?
Regards,
TCIII GM[/quote]
Yes, I do.

I had this happen and found that the compass was 180 deg off. Make sure to use MP and check your compass setting.

I checked compass 1000 times and after two weeks or fights with AUTO modes in my quadro I don’t have any idea what is wrong… Also, I replaced compass module with a new one.

I had the same problem, it was the compass . In Missionplanner , when connected , make sure the heading that shows on map matches exactly the actual heading . Had to do several compass calibrations but the major problem was the heading in MP was different because in the initial settings-compass ,it was 180 degress yaw and MP showing 180 degrees opposite heading to actual . One more thing was wrong in parameter settings, the quad was an X config but it was + config in settings . All went beautiful ( mine I had to put no yaw in compass settings to get the correct heading then recalcibrate … Flew perfect in Loiter and RTL. Remember to disable the internal magnetometer in APM 2.6 by cutting the small link on the board ( see above ) . Otherwise major conflict between the two will confuse the APM into flyaway .