Copter doesn't respond to "position_target_local_ned"

Hi there,
I have an esp32 with camera connected to the pixhawk4 mini (mavlink1) and wanted to do precision landing in guided mode. By an led pattern I can see in flight that the camera finds the desired landing spot. With 25hz I am then sending the NED positions to the drone but it does nothing.

Additional infos: The landing camera is attached to the gimbal. I just use my phones led and put it under the drone. By finding the first and last brightest pixel I determine the middle. Then converting it to NED based on this link:

https://ardupilot.org/dev/docs/copter-commands-in-guided-mode.html#copter-commands-in-guided-mode-set-position-target-local-ned

Is there something wrong with my message?

1 Like

Do I have to activate somewhere that I use a companion computer, like when use precision landing feature? I thought in guided mode I can just send position data via Mavlink…

It would be great if someone could help me

Hi,

Can you replace the value 255 to the System ID of your drone or just the value 0 (which means broadcasting the command to every system that in communication)?

Sincerely,
Dongsin

1 Like

Thank you @Dongsin_Kim. I will try to use value 0 for the SystemID.
(mav_system and mav_component is 1 at the moment)

I tried what you suggested, but unfortunately it didn’t work.
Any other ideas?

@rmackay9 I read a post from you a few years ago where you successfully tested the precision landing. (Not in guides mode, but with companion computer in land mode) Nevertheless, you may have a tip about what I’m doing wrong, I would be very happy!
Thanks in advance

Hi,

Could you please provide us more information or source code regarding the hasMavLink and flightMode?

Sincerely,
Dongsin